(11 to 20) of 676 Results
02 October 2020 11:40AM EST - Update by QUXNLADY
The most amazing part of ROM Hacking is the ability to take something you’ve grown up with and love and make changes to it. To remix and to adapt and share with the world your idea.
With the Release of “Super Royal Pals. 3“, it’s time to highlight some other hacks that change the protagonist to a woman.
- The Quest of Zelda - Can Zelda stop the evil Ganon and rescue the Triforce of Courage?
- Zelda starring Zelda 2 (SNES) - This time Zelda has to break Link out of jail and save Hyrule.
- Gender Neutral Series - Adjusts the text to be gender-neutral, amazing work that even covers some of the 3D games.
- Amy Rose in Sonic the Hedgehog - Can Amy Rose dunk on Eggman?
- Amy Rose in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Amy Rose and Tails join up to dunk on Eggman together.
- Sonic 3 and Amy Rose Amy Rose… & Knuckles
- Pokémon Red/Blue Gender Selection - Adds gender selection to the original Red and Blue
- Pokemon TCG: Mint’s Adventure - Changes the Hero to Mint from the second game.
- Pokémon Playable Yellow - Changes the main character to Yellow from the manga.
- Pauline Edition - A Donkey Kong hack made by a father because his daughter wanted to play as Pauline.
- Super Royal Pals., Super Royal Pals 2. and Super Royal Pals. 3 - Hacks of the first three Super Mario Brothers games that replace the characters with the Princesses.
- Super Peach World DX - Changes Mario to Peach in Super Mario World.
- Shadowrun Female Player - Take on the dark world of Shadowrun as a woman.
- Castlevania III - Carmilla’s Edition - Carmilla takes a swing at the big vampire.
- Roll-Chan Series - Almost every classic Mega Man game changed to star Roll!
Hopefully this will inspire people to make more hacks like this!
Secret of Evermore 25th Anniversary celebration
30 September 2020 2:05PM EST - Update by MKnightDH
Secret of Evermore was originally released on October 1, 1995. 25 years have passed and it stands the test of time with an underdog story, plenty of thoughtfulness by the developers covering unlikely scenarios, and especially inspirational game design leading to a product that invites being glass half-full. Of course, there are definite misfires within the balancing, which have added criticisms against the game.
The 25th Anniversary Balance Patch aims to breathe new life into Secret of Evermore and rectify key issues as well as highlight intended design philosophies to make the game more interesting. Although it’s still not perfected due to deadline issues, with the bulk of the testing even being for making sure no new problems from something like the game freezing get introduced, rest assured that it is presentable as intended. Enjoy.
Non-malicious feedback welcome.
Photo-Sensitive Epilepsy Safe Hacks
29 September 2020 9:12AM EST - Update by tygerbug
Several hacks of NES and SNES games are now available for players with photo-sensitive epilepsy.
Full-screen flashing lights can cause seizures in some players. These games have been edited to be safe to play.
Hopefully in the future there will be more hacks of any game to be more friendly to those with photo-sensitive epilepsy, and emulator settings to detect and remove (or lessen) sudden full-screen flashing, or an lua script to do it.
Many triggers come from rapid writes to color 0 of the background palette (universal background color). This could be unchecked.
Mega Man 2 - No Full-Screen Flashes Hack
This is an accessibility hack by Tetrahedrus. This hack has removed all full-screen flashes from Mega Man 2 for the NES.
- Stage select screen
- Flashing during boss fights (such as in the background like with Metal Man, when attacking certain bosses, and the flashing after beating certain bosses)
- The purple flashing when Dr. Light gives you special weapons
- The map of Dr. Wily’s castle when progressing to the next stage
- The final cutscene, including the seasonal transitions
Kyouryuu Sentai Zyuranger NES (Super Sentai/ Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series) No Full-Screen Flashes
This hack was created by Tetrahedrus. All full-screen flashes have been removed to make the game easier to play by those affected by flashing lights.
Cocoron - Flashing removed by NovaSquirrel.
Willow NES No Flash Hack by JigglySaint
Some flashing animation is still in the game, but the ones that got the most complaints such as the death flash, the flash from splitting ghosts, and from using the Fleet Spell have all been eliminated. Death will still cause Willow to flash, and the screen will turn white, but the full screen flash will be gone.
Zelda 2 Redux by ShadowOne333: Reduced flashing during death.
Earthbound MaternalBound Redux hack by ShadowOne333:
Implemented photosensitive reduction hacks made from subsequent releases of EarthBound (SNES Mini, Virtual Console) into MaternalBound, to make the experience the most seizure-safe possible
Bonus - Pokémon anime: Dennō Senshi Porygon Reedit
New Phantasy Star IV story revelations incorporated into PSGen4 Retranslation Patch
27 September 2020 8:53AM EST - Update by GhaleonUnlimited
“Who is this Zio?”
The main character’s mentor asks this shortly into Phantasy Star IV, and since its release in 1993 (JP), fans haven’t had a real answer.
Released at a time when RPG antagonists were becoming realistically motivated, tragic, and/or even sympathetic, PSIV’s first-half villain was seemingly evil just because.
The mystery of Zio finally is revealed to PS fans decades later, from a developer interview in a cosplay fanzine, of all places (pictured).
Zio’s backstory now drives Rune’s/Thray’s heroic journey even before the events of PSIV, and their diametric opposition, actions, and even starting positions have sound reasoning behind them.
Thanks to the magic of romhacking, unrealized developer dreams like these can now be integrated into already great classic gaming stories, bringing them to new heights and giving even the oldest fan a reason to revisit a beloved world.
Phantasy Star Generation: 4 is a retranslation and relocalization of PSIV, comprehensive in its research, writing and editing, made for new players and old fans alike. Please contact the author with any feedback or requests for customized versions of the patch.
Might and Magic Restoration Released
22 September 2020 8:24AM EST - Update by Sanedan56
Might and Magic Restoration, a project to restore the content from the Japanese version of the game, is released.
Much of the game’s enemies, names and aesthetics were censored or changed and the story was changed to reflect the PC releases when the game was localized.
This restores all of this while retaining the new features that was introduced in the localization.
This project is the result of over two years of work.
I hope everyone enjoys.
New Hacks Added to the Database
18 September 2020 8:28AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Tetris Zero Game Boy A-TYPE song (Tetris)(NES)
- Super Wario Bros.: English Version (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Consistently Consistent Cannon (Metroid II: Return of Samus)(GB)
- Stuck in a Pose Fix (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Description Disruption (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Sonic in Mario Kart: Super Circuit (Mario Kart: Super Circuit)(GBA)
- Wario Land 2 - Remix (Wario Land II)(GB)
- SMB3 Modified (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Dragonball - Dragon’s Mystery (Upgraded) (Dragon Power)(NES)
- Kaizō Mario 2 (Super Mario Bros. 2)(FDS)
- 44 Balloons: The Balloon Fight Collection (Balloon Fight)(NES)
- Funny bros (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Thy Flesh Consumed 32x (DOOM)(32X)
- Boulder Dash Power Rush (Boulder Dash)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros 3 - Ultimate Custom Level Chaos (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Super Orb Bros. (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Boulder Dash - Gemma Rush (Boulder Dash)(NES)
- Bunny Girl (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Hack Mario (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- The Odissey (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- 93′ Optimized (Contra)(NES)
- DRAGON BALL Z DONUS REMIX (Dragon Ball Z: Buyuu Retsuden)(GEN)
- Thunder Blade Donus Remix (Super Thunder Blade)(GEN)
- Antigrinding (Shining in the Darkness)(GEN)
- Castlevania III - Dracula’s Curse enhanced color (Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse)(NES)
- Double Dragon remastered (Double Dragon)(NES)
- Super Street Fighter 2: Donus Arcade Edition (Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers)(GEN)
- Super Kaori - In Search Of Her Stolen Panties (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. New Quest Enabled (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. Third Quest (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- DarkRaichus’ Minor Em (Pokémon: Emerald Version)(GBA)
- Spelunker: Don’t Skip Leg Day (Spelunker)(NES)
- Digimon World 2 Hardmode (Digimon World 2)(PSX)
- SMB Score Hack (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Ninja Gaiden II Restoration (Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos)(NES)
- Megaman plus Limited v.01 (Darkwing Duck Hack) (Darkwing Duck)(NES)
- Battletoads & Double Dragon - The Ultimate Team (Improved Colors) (Battletoads & Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team)(NES)
- Castlevania II False Floor & Breakable Block Replacer (Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest)(NES)
- Hyper Street Fighter II AI Nerf (Street Fighter Anniversary Collection)(PS2)
- Kyouryuu Sentai Zyuranger - No Full-Screen Flashes (Kyoryu Sentai ZyuRanger)(NES)
- Castlevania - Balanced Difficulty (Castlevania)(NES)
- Bokuno Hack (Romancing SaGa 3)(SNES)
- All Subtitles for All Characters (Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction)(PS2)
- Super Mario 64: Skinned Mario Model (Super Mario 64)(N64)
- e+ Complete (F-Zero: GP Legend)(GBA)
- Reptite Redraw (Chrono Trigger)(SNES)
- Halo: Combat Evolved - Campaign Audio Normalization Fixes (Halo: Combat Evolved)(XBOX)
- Legendary Wings - Color hack. (Legendary Wings)(NES)
- Three Slots (Final Fantasy V)(SNES)
- Yu-Gi-Oh - The Sacred Cards: Alternate (Male) Player Sprite (Yu-Gi-Oh! The Sacred Cards)(GBA)
- FE6 Master Seal Edition (Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade)(GBA)
- SMB3-Super Hurry Bros (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- FFVI Advance - Worthwhile Espers (Final Fantasy VI Advance)(GBA)
- Double Dragon 2 - Same Side Punch Kick + Controller Fix (Double Dragon II: The Revenge)(NES)
- Mario & Luigi - Partners in Time Hard Mode 1.0 (Mario & Luigi - Partners in Time)(NDS)
- Clock Tower Deluxe (Clock Tower)(SNES)
- Vandal Hearts 2 - Take Turn Hack (Vandal Hearts 2)(PSX)
- Docile NPCs (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Cocoron screen flash removal (Cocoron)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. 2 - Super Heroes Edition. (Super Mario Bros. 2)(NES)
- FF6 Silence Graphic (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
Mouse support and PlayStation content for Clock Tower (SNES)
15 September 2020 4:55PM EST - Update by BobSchneeder45
Clock Tower is a Point ’n Click Horror game for the Super Famicom. Being developed by a very small team, it has a great deal of cut content and unimplemented features, along with various details in need of polish.
A port was released for the Sony PlayStation, that added mouse support and some new content such as a new bedroom and two enemies. This patch will add that to the original Super Famicom version.
There are also various bugfixes and some quality of life improvements, such as letting you run through stairs and speed up the credits.
Patches exist for the Japanese original, as well as the fan translations that are currently available.
Mario & Luigi - Partners in Time Hard Mode 1.0
12 September 2020 1:54AM EST - Update by SAIYAN48
The first ever hack of Mario & Luigi - Partners in Time is here! A simple proof of concept to make the only game in the series that didn’t get the 3DS treatment more difficulty and some love. Relive this fun game with a new difficulty curve.
Fly as Tails in Sonic 2 Bugfixes & Knuckles
10 September 2020 1:47PM EST - Update by mcginnis03
In the new update for mcginnis03’s hack, Sonic 2 Bugfixes & Knuckles, with the help of lavagaming1, Tails can now fly, swim underwater, and carry Sonic as player 2, just like in Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Tails can now reach new heights and explore for more items in stages!
It's Time to Buddy Up, Pazu! - Castle in the Sky Co-Op (SMB1 hack)
08 September 2020 6:18PM EST - Update by Supergamerguy
This version of the Castle in the Sky hack by Supergamerguy allows for simultaneous multiplayer, where a friend can join in on the action along with Pazu! (Based on Corpse Grinder’s original hack). Journey through the vast depths and heights of Laputa with a partner by your side to help you in this dangerous journey as you set out to defeat the Army and save Sheeta from the evil hands of the dastardly Muska! But watch out!, if one partner goes down, you both go down, so be careful and make sure to work together rather than against each other so that everybody on earth can be saved from Laputa’s terrible hidden powers…….