(1 to 10) of 730 Results
NBA Jam 21: The Definite Edition?
13 April 2021 8:39AM EST - Update by ponlork
For years people have been yearning for an Arcade mod of NBA Jam TE, and those people will have to keep waiting. But user Ponlork is bringing that dream one step closer to reality with his NBA Jam 21 mod for the PlayStation 1 which is the closest you’ll get to the Arcade experience at home. Other than the Arcade version of course.
Rather than being stuck in development hell for years, Ponlork opted to go for the incremental approach of releasing updates periodically until the ultimate goal of replacing the entire roster with today’s NBA Players is complete. Version 1.1 adds 15 new players into the mix (10 active, 2 legends, and 3 secret characters).
These players consist of Lebron James, Nikola Jokic, Kawhi Leonard, Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Joel Embiid, Luka Doncic, Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, The Incredible Hulk, Cyberpunk and Snoop Dogg. The full 2021 NBA All-Star starting lineup is featured!
What separates this mod from other NBA Jam mods before it is that all the players have distinction. Every player has their own unique head sprites and the resolution is large enough to recognize the faces. The announcer calls each player by name, there’s varying skin tone palettes, and there’s a sprite scaling feature that is able to resize the players which gives it a extra level of depth.
In addition to that, NBA Jam 21 restores a lost feature that was disabled due to pressure from Congress to minimize videogame violence in the early 90s. If you’re familiar with the slang term “Posterized”, it’s a term used for when a player gets dunked on so emphatically that he is sent tumbling to the floor. This falling effect along with the backboard shattering were originally in the game but were eventually removed.
The Posterized feature is fully restored and the author is hopeful to one day restore the backboard glass shattering effect too. Although it’s still early, it’s exciting to see what’s coming down the pipeline. Boom Shakalaka!
Visit the project page here: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5700/
There’s also a trailer that slaps. Peep game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQYOx-gd00s
Dragon Warrior I&II (GBC) gets Modern Spell Names
11 April 2021 7:40AM EST - Update by jimjam707
After a whole afternoon in the making, the ‘Dragon Warrior 1 & 2 - Spell Name Update’ ROM hack for the Gameboy Color versions of Dragon Warrior 1 and 2 is finally out!
The patch replaces the older styled spell names (Firebal, Firebane, Explodet, etc.) with the new(er) names used by the series in English localisations since Dragon Quest VIII on the Playstation 2 (Sizz, Sizzle, Kaboom, etc.). Nothing else in the ROM is changed except spell names so all existing saves should continue to work.
Here comes Miami Vice: The Video Game ver. 1.2!
03 April 2021 9:53AM EST - Update by CryinOnion
After the request of one of my subscribers, here you have a revised and improved version of this hack that turns a game based on a Japanese TV show cloned from Miami Vice, into the videogame that many fans were waiting for.
The biggest novelty of this ver.1.2 is the inclusion of an additional patch in the rar file with the hack translated 100% into Spanish. Now all Spanish speakers can enjoy the story and dialogues easily. Some extra work is done too to fix some grammatical inconsistencies in the dialogues of the English version. And of course, there’s much more!
For more information you can check the README files, available in both languages.
I hope You enjoy it!
EightBound Regal - Final Fantasy X EarthBound of the Easy Type
02 April 2021 6:23PM EST - Update by Polinym
Last year, Polinym released the most up-to-date version of his hack EightBound, which turns EarthBound into a Final Fantasy game. It combines elements of all of the first nine games to create an epic Final Fantasy adventure. Players can check out the original hack here: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4874/, or see its trailer in the related link.
EightBound was intended to be a very challenging hack that was still accessible to less skilled players. However, Polinym received many complaints about the difficulty. In response, Polinym has created a brand new edition of EightBound that caters to casual gamers.
Why Regal? Because this hack gives you the royal treatment!
Introducing EightBound Regal! Regal creates a whole new experience for players of all skill levels to be able to beat. Even a beginner who has never played an RPG before can reach an ending! Features of EightBound Regal include:
- Cheat protection has been removed!
- Significantly lowered encounter rates!
- A faster adventure that doesn’t waste more of your oh-so precious time!
- A never-before-seen story arc!
- New characters!
- New abilities!
- New bosses!
- A revamped interface!
The creator of the hack also wishes to make this statement: To all those who thought that EightBound was too difficult, Polinym is so sorry for all the pain my hack has put you through. He never realised that you have to cheat past the struggles you encounter in lif-,er, games. He is now a changed man. Now Polinym says that if your situation ever becomes too painful to endure, remember: it’s okay for you to escape your problem. He doesn’t want a single one of you players to think that an unfair reality you’ve been forced into is the only one that you have to live. Your ability to play EarthBound hacks on your computer is an amazing miracle. You deserve to spend your days in happiness.
Dreams can come true! No more tears!
Finally, Polinym wishes to reiterate that live reactions are the most helpful form of feedback for improving ROMHacks. The uploading of video playthroughs with commentary is highly encouraged. Also, he requests that commenters and reviewers refrain from posting spoilers for this hack’s new story.
Castlevania HoD: Revenge of the Findesiecle now available for USA English Version!
31 March 2021 5:37PM EST - Update by sorrow
At last, the USA Port for Revenge of the Findesiecle has arrived! Castlevania HoD: Revenge of the Findesiecle USA is now available.
Castlevania HoD Revenge of the Findesiecle is a comprehensive hack originally made for the Japanese Castlevania - Byakuya no Concerto.
Things such as sprite/palette tweaks, added bonus characters, and a few different music tracks serve to enhance the overall experience when playing Castlevania - Byakuya no Concerto.
After many hours of research, and troubleshooting, Castlevania HoD: Revenge of the Findesiecle USA is ready for release.
Everything from the original Japanese RotF Hack has been successfully ported to the USA Version of Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance.
Slight tweaks to the original Japanese Version were implemented to better reflect the USA Version.
Star Fox Exploration Showcase v7.19.3
31 March 2021 5:36PM EST - Update by kandowontu
The latest and greatest version has been released. It comes with some bug fixes, as well as 3 new features: Model Test Mode, Super Boost and Freeze/Explore Mode!
Model Test Mode is pretty straightforward; it allows you to view all of the models in the game, rotate them, zoom them in and out, and also “draw” with them.
Super boost in god mode - while boosting with X, hold B to boost even faster! (Speed is 65 by default, 83 for normal boost, 123 for super boost!)
Freeze/Explore mode allows you to stop the ship from moving forward automatically, essentially removing the rails. You can manually move forward and backwards, as well as continue to fire (as the rest of the stage will still be active!)
Fixed a few small bugs, such as the background tilting issue for 2 player mode.
Enjoy, and hoping to always bring big things to the next release!
Full Changelog: 7.19.3
- Model Test Mode: Select on title screen
- B/Y to change the model
- JU/JD/JL/JR to rotate
- L/R to zoom in/out
- Hold A to “draw”, release to “erase”
- Super boost in god mode - while boosting with X, hold B to boost even faster! (Speed is 65 by default, 83 for normal boost, 123 for super boost)
- Freeze + Explore mode! Hold B and press START (and then unpause) to stop the ship dead in its tracks!
- Move forward with X and backwards with B
- Joypad2 camera controls and Joypad1 camera view changes work
- L+R+RIGHTJPAD to get out of frozen mode.
- Enemies and level keeps running!
- Further refined the colors of Fox/Slippy/Falco/Peppy’s ships (low poly+high poly)(Requested by Delta)
- Replaced the training level with one made by CoolK. Thanks CoolK!
- Created unique border limits for training level
- Added 2 new ships to choose from, the car and the bike from 2-6 (Requested by Delta)
- New title screen, removed sprite of team on title screen
- Fix nukes so that pressing A detonates them on command after they are deployed when not in god mode
- Fixed enemy weapon deflection when doing barrel rolls
- Boost/Brake soundfx only plays upon pressing the button, not continuously. (Requested)
Zelda II - End of Day
31 March 2021 5:36PM EST - Update by Sky77
After the great adventure of Link, a Zelda II - The Adventure of Link del 1987!!
Return with a new path …after 30 years… in search of 6 new guarded palaces to place the crystals on statues for break the long sleep of Princess Zelda!
A great return for true nostalgic Zelda II lovers!
This game is highly well cared for, great crafted professionalism, in a very passionate way; and not to nonsense! As if Nintendo were made!!
Globes, Caves, Towns, Palaces and more… nice well done, well done completely different, not boring, neither easy, nor difficult… Enjoyable to play non-stop!
Free: the cover / poster in jpeg, of this game!!!
The update to the version is already foreseen: 2.01
New Hacks Added to the Database
21 March 2021 12:46PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Castlevania PoR Saturn Richter (Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin)(NDS)
- Pac-Man CE - Fixed “PRESS START BUTTON” Prompt (Pac-Man Championship Edition)(NES)
- Final Fantasy 1 Angel Ring as a Drop (Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls)(GBA)
- Critical Hit Rate Fix (Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls)(GBA)
- Gil Up Fix (Final Fantasy VII)(PSX)
- Pictionary Typo Bugfix and RNG Option (Pictionary - The Game of Video Quick Draw)(NES)
- Zombies Ate my Neighbors Orange Juice (Zombies Ate My Neighbors)(SNES)
- Zelda II Resurrection of Ganon (Zelda II: The Adventure of Link)(NES)
- LA LIGA MEXICANA NINTENDO EDITION (J-League: Winning Goal)(NES)
- Super Ale Bros. 3 (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- OK KO Must Break Into Boxmore (The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle II)(GB)
- Super Mario Bros - The Super Revenge of the Red Bowser (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)(SNES)
- Mega Man Arkanoid (Arkanoid: Doh It Again)(SNES)
- PC Style Sprites (Pac-Man Championship Edition)(NES)
- Super Mario/Selz & Friends (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Reverse Neutopia (Neutopia)(TG16)
- OEA’s Patch for Glitchers (Pokémon: Red Version)(GB)
- Fuggle Foggle Next (Bubble Bobble)(NES)
- Wrecking Crew HD (Wrecking Crew)(NES)
- TMNT - The Streets of Rage Project (Streets of Rage 2)(GEN)
- Pokémon Crystal Maeson (Pokémon: Crystal Version)(GB)
- Crazy Daydream (Super Mario Bros. 2)(NES)
- Chocobo Kwehst (Moai Kun)(NES)
- Pokémon - Faria Version (Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- Newtopia (Neutopia)(TG16)
- Mega Man: Return of Wily (Mega Man: Dr. Wily’s Revenge)(GB)
- Ms. Pac Man - Stranger Things (Ms. Pac-Man (Namco))(NES)
- Doom 32x: Delta Edition (DOOM)(32X)
- Rockman X3 - 2021 New Year’s Hack (Mega Man X3)(SNES)
- Valentines Day Tetris (Tetris)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros Dream Arcade Edition (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Ms. Pac Man - Even Stranger (Ms. Pac-Man (Namco))(NES)
- Tetris Electronika60 (Tetris)(NES)
- Genealogy of Tordo (Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu)(SNES)
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors Painful World Spikes Kaizo (Zombies Ate My Neighbors)(SNES)
- Dey Took My Wernd (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Lotus II P.O.D. Game Hack (Lotus II)(GEN)
- SF2 MOD (NEW HISTORY) (Shining Force II)(GEN)
- Super Mario Zero (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Mario Zero 2 (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Ms. Pac Man - 3X The Strange (Ms. Pac-Man (Namco))(NES)
- beth (Metroid)(NES)
- Syobon Action NES Edition (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Megaman 1 - Limbo Edition (Mega Man)(NES)
- YTP Doom: Advance (Doom II)(GBA)
- Quest for Sarah (Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest)(NES)
- Donkey Kong Classics (U) [!] (Donkey Kong Classics)(NES)
- SOR2 - the Return of the Fighters 2021 (Streets of Rage 2)(GEN)
- SOR2 - the Return of the Fighters 2021: Post-Apocalypse Edition (Streets of Rage 2)(GEN)
- Amogus: Sus Version (Pokémon: Gold Version)(GB)
- The Legend of Zelda: Voyager of Time (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)(N64)
- Ms. Pac Man - 4th & Final Strange (Ms. Pac-Man (Namco))(NES)
- The Legend of Zelda: Master of Time (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)(N64)
- The Legend of Zelda: Nightmare (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)(N64)
- Sonic in Flicky (Flicky)(GEN)
- Sonic the Hedgehog Painful World Spikes Kaizo (Sonic the Hedgehog)(GEN)
- Shining Chaos Prelude (Shining Force II)(GEN)
- Nimpize Adventure (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)(N64)
- The Fate of the Bombiwa (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)(N64)
- Tetris - Rosy Retrospection (Tetris)(GB)
- Grave of the Fireflies (Adventure Island NES Hack) (Adventure Island)(NES)
- Zelda II - End of Day (Zelda II: The Adventure of Link)(NES)
- Zelda 64: Dawn & Dusk (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)(N64)
- Rayman 1 - Region Free (Rayman 1)(SAT)
- Mappy Patrick St.’s Day Edition (Mappy)(NES)
- Threetris (Tetris)(NES)
- Darkstalker 3 - Uncensored Hack (Darkstalkers 3)(PSX)
- Shatterhand in Solbrain (Shatterhand)(NES)
- UMK3 Balanced Ediition (Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3)(GEN)
- FF5 Double EXP, Gold and ABP (Final Fantasy V)(SNES)
- Refined Platinum (Pokémon: Platinum Version)(NDS)
- Sonic 2 Fixed Sprites (Sonic the Hedgehog 2)(GEN)
- Earthbound Beginnings: Consistent Version (Mother)(NES)
- Final Fantasy II Speedrun Practice (Final Fantasy II)(SNES)
- Low Poly Promo Models (Super Mario 64)(N64)
- Kid Chameleon SRAM (Kid Chameleon)(GEN)
- Recca - Barrage Limit Change (Summer Carnival ‘92 RECCA)(NES)
- Kage: Out Of Control Edition (Shadow of the Ninja)(NES)
- FF6: Final Fantasy Tactics Chocobo (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Area 88 EN Plus (U.N. Squadron)(SNES)
- S.C.A.T - Manual Options (S.C.A.T.: Special Cybernetic Attack Team)(NES)
- X-Men 2 SRAM (X-Men 2: Clone Wars)(GEN)
- Improved Equipment Stat Viewing (Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls)(GBA)
- Batman Returns SRAM (Batman Returns)(GEN)
- International Superstar Soccer Deluxe (SA) (International Superstar Soccer Deluxe)(SNES)
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Small Improvements (Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow)(GBA)
- Bowser (SMK) (Mario Kart: Super Circuit)(GBA)
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors SRAM (Zombies Ate My Neighbors)(GEN)
- Sunsoft Mario. (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Mega Man 2 Megamix (Mega Man 2)(NES)
- NBA Jam 21 (NBA Jam T.E.)(PSX)
- Tetris Plus blocks (Tetris)(GB)
- Ayrton Senna Restoration (Nigel Mansell’s World Championship Racing)(SNES)
- Inverted 3rd Person Camera (NINJA GAIDEN Black)(XBOX)
- Tatsujin Ou New Version (Tatsujin Ou)(ARC)
- FF1 Minor Sprite Touch Ups (Final Fantasy)(NES)
- Enable Unused Unfinished OBJ_TRN mode (Super Game Boy)(SNES)
- Enable Unused Unfinished OBJ_TRN mode (Super Game Boy 2)(SNES)
- Streets of Rage 3: No Music (Streets of Rage 3)(GEN)
- Super Mario Bros. 64 (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Enable Palette and Controller Settings (Super Game Boy)(SNES)
- Enable Palette and Controller Settings (Super Game Boy 2)(SNES)
- Lakitu and…THE LOST LEVELS! (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Any Shoulder Pitch Bend (Rhythm Heaven)(NDS)
- TMNT2 - Bugfix & Polish (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game)(NES)
- TMNT2 - Turtle Swap (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game)(NES)
- TMNT3 - Turtle Swap (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project)(NES)
- Press L for SPEED (Super Game Boy)(SNES)
- Press L for SPEED (Super Game Boy 2)(SNES)
- Comix Zone SRAM (Comix Zone)(GEN)
- Bare Knuckle III: No Music (Streets of Rage 3)(GEN)
- Super Ninja Boy - Chinese World Easy Mode (Super Ninja Boy)(SNES)
- BurgerTime Redrawn (BurgerTime)(NES)
- Dr. Mario SSP (Dr. Mario)(NES)
- Golden Axe III Color Hack (Golden Axe III)(GEN)
- Shinobi III SRAM (Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master)(GEN)
- Desert Strike SRAM (Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf)(GEN)
- Batman Returns - Improved Controls (Batman Returns)(NES)
- Pokemon Blue - 151 (Pokémon: Blue Version)(GB)
- Contra: Easy Mode (Contra)(NES)
- Jungle Strike SRAM (Jungle Strike - The Sequel to Desert Strike)(GEN)
- Pokemon Yellow - 151 (Pokémon: Yellow Version - Special Pikachu Edition)(GB)
- Batman Returns - Anti-Antipiracy (Batman Returns)(NES)
- Batman Returns - Bugfix & Hard Mode (Batman Returns)(NES)
- Urban Strike SRAM (Urban Strike)(GEN)
- Original Music (Ultima: Exodus)(NES)
- The Legend of Zelda Redux (The Legend of Zelda)(NES)
- Super Mario 64: Shindou Improvement (Super Mario 64)(N64)
- The Legend of Zelda 2021 (The Legend of Zelda)(NES)
- Mega Bomberman SRAM (Mega Bomberman)(GEN)
- Exile Font Hack (Exile)(GEN)
- Rockman 6 - Start with Adaptors (Mega Man 6)(NES)
- Ecco The Dolphin SRAM (Ecco the Dolphin)(GEN)
- Splatterhouse 3 SRAM (Splatterhouse 3)(GEN)
- Bram Stoker’s Dracula SRAM (Bram Stoker’s Dracula)(GEN)
- Mega Man 4: Free of Charge (Mega Man 4)(NES)
- SRAM save hack - NTSC-U version (Mega Man: The Wily Wars)(GEN)
- Pokemon - Firespice Version (Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- BTDD - Ship Control (Battletoads & Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team)(NES)
- Bubba N’ Stix SRAM (Bubba ‘n’ Stix)(GEN)
- Cancel Button Dash (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Kage: One Hit Edition (Shadow of the Ninja)(NES)
- F-Zero AX Direct Boot (F-Zero GX)(GC)
- Open World Neutopia 2 (JP) (Neutopia II)(TG16)
- Speedrun Boss Rush Neutopia II (Neutopia II)(TG16)
- Rolling Thunder 3 SRAM (Rolling Thunder 3)(GEN)
- Vectorman SRAM (Vectorman)(GEN)
- RoboCop VS Terminator SRAM (RoboCop Versus The Terminator)(GEN)
- Custom Plumber Pack (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Batman - Revenge of The Joker SRAM (Batman - Revenge of The Joker)(GEN)
- Final Fantasy V: Super Custom Classes (Final Fantasy V)(SNES)
- Alien 3 SRAM (Alien 3)(GEN)
- Double Dragon 3 SRAM (Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone)(GEN)
- Dragon Warrior Square Enix Spells (Dragon Warrior)(NES)
- Eathworm Jim 2 6 buttons edition hack (Earthworm Jim 2)(GEN)
- Beyond Oasis Font Refresh (Beyond Oasis)(GEN)
- TMNT:Tournament Fighters (Roster Hack) (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters)(NES)
- CT: All Stat Tabs (Chrono Trigger)(SNES)
- TMNT 4: Run with L/R (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time)(SNES)
- Solomon’s Key Title Screen (Solomon’s Key)(NES)
- Dr. Mario Rising Floor (Dr. Mario)(NES)
- TMNT4 - Balance Tweaks (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time)(SNES)
- Mega Man IV (Half Life Hack) (Mega Man IV)(GB)
- UEFA Champions League 2021 (J-League Pro Striker 2)(GEN)
- Instant fill energy when gain energy items (Mega Man 4)(NES)
Manall's FF1 v2.03
16 March 2021 12:51PM EST - Update by Manall
A small update to Manall’s FF1 hack has arrived! The latest update collects results from internal play and outside feedback. Included are adjustments to magic, monster experience yield, a few items, and the overworld. ♥
Six classic Ocarina of Time hacks arrive on RHDN!
15 March 2021 12:52PM EST - Update by Ok Impala!
The last decade saw the release of many Ocarina of Time hacks. Sadly, many of them are hard to find these days. Today that finally changes with six classic Ocarina of Time hacks arriving on RHDN. In many cases patch file size was drastically reduced by creating new Xdelta patches. For standalone patches, a ReadMe was added with short instructions on which ROM to patch and how to patch.
Dive back in, or experience these hacks for the first time. And make sure to let other players know what you think by writing a review!