(1 to 10) of 706 Results
99 new Mega Man Arkanoid Levels!
25 January 2021 7:11PM EST - Update by Supergamerguy
This hack changes every single level (excluding the occasional boss fight) in Arkanoid - Doh It Again to a level featuring a character from the classic Mega Man series. Almost every single classic Mega Man game is represented in some way (excluding 11 and some very obscure titles), with main characters, prominent villains, famous enemies and bosses, and loads of robot masters for you to destroy block by block! Play through every level to get a few surprises at the end in the form of cameo appearances by other popular Mega Man characters.
The included README file on the hack page has all of the levels and their represented character listed at the bottom, so be sure to check that out to find the location of your favorite robot warrior! This hack was created using the extremely helpful and easy-to-use ArkanEdit program, without it, this passion project would not have been able to exist.
BattleTech - Operation REVIVAL Update
23 January 2021 11:16AM EST - Update by vikfield
In this new update, the game’s arsenal has been completely modified in one way or another; from a simple ammo increase to a massive increase in damage for one weapon or another. An interesting example is that the Autocannon (now renamed Ultra Autocannon/5), now fires from the Madcat’s right arm, which now makes each part of the mech capable of carrying a weapon. Of course, this is not the only modification that has been made to the autoccanon, it has also modified its range, rate of fire, damage, etc.; and this is just one example of the work that has been done in the arsenal.
The game system is not the only thing that has been modified, it has also worked on the graphics in a minor way; You will be able to see new icons on the radar map to represent both the enemy units and the ammunition and coolant items.
A new sprite has also been created for the ammunition of the weapons belonging to the C button. Instead of collecting a half cylinder similar to coolant, now the player will find an SRM 6 missile launcher (for those who are familiar with the Battletech franchise), to reload the missile, flamer and mines ammunition.
Currently a hexadecimal hacking guide is being developed for BattleTech, so that anyone who wishes can create their own hack for this game. but until then, wait for new news or contact the developer.
Enjoy and have fun!
Star Fox Exploration Showcase v7.16 Now available!
18 January 2021 12:25PM EST - Update by kandowontu
Star Fox Exploration Showcase has been in a constant state of development, and now, the wait for the next version is over!
2 Player mode has gone through a lot of revision and modification, and is finally at a point where the full game is playable and fully enjoyable from beginning to end!
Start 2 player mode from the title screen by pressing START2 on the second player’s controller.
- Each player has lives, bombs, life meters, etc.
- If all lives are gone, and the player dies, and the other player finishes the level, the player with no lives gets one more chance in the next level!
If you’ve never played this mod before, it is very important to read the readme file to see the dozens of changes and features this showcase has to offer!
Work will continue to smooth out the rougher things in due time.
Full changelog: 7.16
- Improved on 2 player mode
- Start 2 player mode with START2 on title screen
- God mode codes apply to second player
- Second player has their own bomb count
- Second player firing delay works like player 1 dependant on the weapon
- Second player has much smoother ship movements
- Second player can now angle up/down/left/right and fire past the boundaries
- Removed limitation of movement when in 2 player mode
- Added third auto zoom level for going farther across the screen
- Life bar has been added for second player
- Collision for 2P is now like 1P where you have 7 frames of no collision after damage
- Fixed shadows and floor appearing in space levels
- Slight push off of walls/ceiling/space floors when button is let go to remove arrows
- Player 2 continues the battle when player 1 dies
- Players have independant wire ship lifespans
- Player 2’s bomb count goes down in reverse order
- Multiple other improvements
- Life bars have increased to reflect the new increased health.
- Teammates were not unloading under certain conditions and could loop around the level. Fixed.
- Fixed course 4 level score %, will now give 100% upon completion of each level.
Please visit the discord to report any issues! Looking for interested testers as well.
New Hacks Added to the Database
15 January 2021 11:19AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Rockman to Mega Man (UE) (Mega Man)(NES)
- Megaman V JAP Style without Subtitle (Mega Man 5)(NES)
- SGNG Maiden Patch Plus (Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts)(SNES)
- Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Definitive Edition+ (Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow)(NDS)
- FFVIII Odin and Gilgamesh Overhaul (Final Fantasy VIII)(PSX)
- Super Mario Land 2 DX - Bunny Mario Graphics Fix (Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins)(GB)
- Redux Re-Wizardized (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)(SNES)
- Kirby’s Dream Land DX Revised (Kirby’s Dream Land)(GB)
- Sword Master - Fixed Samples (Sword Master)(NES)
- FF1 conservative bug fixes (Final Fantasy)(NES)
- Broken Menu Fix (Super Bubble Bobble)(GEN)
- Rockman 5 - Charge At Sliding (Mega Man 5)(NES)
- Castlevania AoS INT/Luck Fix (Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow)(GBA)
- Ultimate Muscle: Team Aho vs Generation X (M.U.S.C.L.E.)(NES)
- Gex The Gecko in Sonic 1 (Sonic the Hedgehog)(GEN)
- A Simple Quest + (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Luke Kart (Super Mario Kart)(SNES)
- NBA Jam 2K21 - Tournament Edition (NBA Jam Tournament Edition)(SNES)
- Mario mini 2020 (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Super Mario World 3 (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Black Sheep Dream - Super Mario Bros. (Super Mario Bros. 2)(NES)
- Mirror Mode (Super Mario Kart)(SNES)
- Kartal’s mini War Room 2020 (Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising)(GBA)
- Tetris: The Grand Master ZN-2 to PSX conversion (Tetris: The Grand Master)(ARC)
- Ninja Gaiden - Deadly Duel Edition (Ninja Gaiden)(NES)
- SOR2 - Slam Masters (Streets of Rage 2)(GEN)
- Sonic 1 Character Pak (Sonic the Hedgehog)(GEN)
- Koopa Troopa (SMK) (Mario Kart: Super Circuit)(GBA)
- Giygas999’s Speed Challenge (EarthBound)(SNES)
- Mario’s New Year Mini Quest (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Proto (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)(SNES)
- DK Jr. (SMK) (Mario Kart: Super Circuit)(GBA)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Islands (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)(SNES)
- Super Captain Bowl ‘21 Hard Quest V2.0 (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Sword Master (Sword Master)(NES)
- The Adventure Of Mario Bros. 2 (Super Mario Bros. 2)(NES)
- Riff World 2 (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Kawa Mario Bros 3 Light (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Raphael the Raven (Mario Kart: Super Circuit)(GBA)
- Buzz & Suzi (Buzz & Waldog)(NES)
- Pokemon Argentum (Pokémon: Silver Version)(GB)
- Virtua Racing Deluxe Mirror Mode (Virtua Racing Deluxe)(32X)
- Virtua Racing Genesis Mirror Mode (Virtua Racing)(GEN)
- Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2 Extreme mode (Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2)(GBA)
- Castlevania HoD Definitive Edition (Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance)(GBA)
- Brigandine (Brigandine)(PSX)
- Revenge of Shinobi - Better Jumping (The Revenge of Shinobi)(GEN)
- Among us Arcade! (Nuts & Milk)(NES)
- Where’s Waldo Big Cursor (Where’s Waldo?)(NES)
- Zelda 3 Link Recolor (USA+GER) (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)(SNES)
- Play as Blue! (Pokémon: Blue Version)(GB)
- Rhyme Rider Kerorican - Audio Cues (Rhyme Rider Kerorican)(WS)
- Colour Hack for Aladdin-Remix ROM (2019) without Portuguese Translation (Disney’s Aladdin)(GEN)
- Jump Speed Patch (Gargoyle’s Quest II)(NES)
- Meditatris (Tetris)(NES)
- Mario’s Escape (Nuts & Milk)(NES)
- Super Mario World Translucent Levels (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Spider-Man / X-Men - Arcade’s Redux (Spider-Man/X-Men - Arcade’s Revenge)(GEN)
- Alternative Fight Music (Nightshade)(NES)
- Mega Man 4 Japanese Style Title Screen (Mega Man 4)(NES)
- Pachi Com - Y.S.’s Sound Fix (Pachi Com)(NES)
- It’s Kirbs!! (Nuts & Milk)(NES)
- Megaman 3 Japanese Style Title Screen Update v2.22 (Mega Man 3)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. VRC6 expanded (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Lunar: Eternal Blue Unworked (Lunar: Eternal Blue)(SegaCD)
- Rockman 4 - Underwater Slide Jumping (Mega Man 4)(NES)
- Battle Kart 64 (Mario Kart 64)(N64)
- Japanese Models (Okage: Shadow King)(PS2)
- Donkey Kong Country 2 Stereo Default (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest)(SNES)
- Editar Reloj en Edición Cristal (Pokémon: Crystal Version)(GB)
- Colorblind Dr. Mario (Dr. Mario)(NES)
- Imp 1.0 (Demon’s Crest)(SNES)
- Final Fantasy II Battle System Optimization (Final Fantasy II)(NES)
- Mini crewmate’s new year adventure! (Mappy)(NES)
- Doom 64: Merciless Edition (Doom 64)(N64)
- Blaster Master Area Select (Blaster Master)(NES)
- Ultimate X-men (X-Men)(GEN)
- Pac-Man 2 - The Arcade Games (Pac-Man 2 - The New Adventures)(GEN)
- Title Screen Restoration and Minor Graphics Fixes (Mega Man 4)(NES)
- Star Wars Galaga (Galaga)(NES)
- FF3 (NES) Sprite Backport (Final Fantasy)(NES)
- Samus Combat Armor (Super Metroid)(SNES)
- Wolfenstein 3D Jaguar fix (Wolfenstein 3D (Jaguar))(JAG)
- Fate Extra/Perfect (Fate/Extra)(PSP)
The Definitive 16-bit NBA Jam is Here!
09 January 2021 12:17PM EST - Update by eskayelle
ALL. 30. NBA. TEAMS. No “Others” mash-ups. Backed by the Mattrizzle Player Engine, v2.0 of NBA Jam 2K21 TE not only provides access to each of the 30 NBA teams but unlockable All-Stars and Legends, plus revamped court and uniform colors to better align with today’s teams. Plus, the campaign’s been enhanced. No longer must you battle 27 opponents to take the title of Grand Champion; you’ve got to conquer all 30. With custom code established by Mattrizzle to consolidate campaign order, roster setups, and player attributes, and supported by phonymike’s portrait inserter, the sky’s the limit for SNES NBA Jam romhacks!
Retro is Always in When You’ve Got Pac-Man Fever!
08 January 2021 6:35AM EST - Update by eskayelle
Are you one of those folks who finds the best part of Pac-Man 2 to be the arcade games? Just have a love for classic Pac-Man and want easy access to the 16-bit property? With big assists from Tony Hedstrom and Futura, collaborators BillyTime! Games and eskayelle / Double Z have brought The Arcade Games to the forefront of Pac-Man 2. Enjoy a classic game of Pac-Man, or the Genesis / Mega Drive exclusive Pac-Jr., with no password required!
Excellent Improvement for Digimon World 2
31 December 2020 9:53AM EST - Update by gledson999
A few years ago when Digimon World 2 was released, it was an incredible experience, but of course, there were a lot of things missing in the game that were never released in the final version.
This Improvement Hack adds a lot of things that were in the game, but never activated, fixes wrong models and sprites, translates Japanese removed tech and activates them in the game and finally adds extra features.
- BlackWarGreymon added on Kimeramon Trio in Tera Domain’s 99th floor
- BlackWarGreymon’s TERRA DESTROYER tech added
- BlackWarGreymon is VERY HARD and STRONGEST BOSS
- BlackWarGreymon is not capturable
- Exit Game menu added in Digital City
- Extra Dungeon “Dark Tower” added in Kernel Zone
- MaxDrive and Chips are now buyable in Device Dome
- Chaos-WarGreymon is now available in Dark Tower
- Chaos-MetalSeadramon is now available in Dark Tower
- Chaos-Pierrotmon is now available in Dark Tower
- Sub-boss ChaosLord is now available in Dark Tower
- NeoCrimson is now available in Dark Tower
- Virus Guardian is now available in Dark Tower
- Data Guardian is now available in Dark Tower
- Vaccine Guardian is now available in Dark Tower
- OverLord GAIA 1st Form is now available in Dark Tower
- OverLord GAIA 2nd Form is now available in Dark Tower
- PocketStation Mode added from Japanese version
- Fixed wrong sprites model on Baihumon, Omnimon and Diaboromon
- Fixed original tech on Baihumon, Omnimon and Diaboromon
Translated Japanese tech and activated in game!
- せいどうほう to Bronze cannon
- てっこそう to Iron Claws
- オメガヒール to Omega Heal
- パラダイスロスト to Paradise Lost
Features never activated in the game, but files was inside the disc
- Kimeramon activated and available on Tera Domain’s 99th Floor
- Kimeramon now have you proper sprite model
- Sharmamon activated and available
- ModikiBetamon activated and available
- Zassomon activated and available
- Psychemon activated and available
- Aruraumon activated and available
- Muchomon activated and available
- Geremon activated and available
- Fugamon activated and available
- Sharmamon now can digivolve to Fugamon
That’s all folks! Enjoy new challenges and enjoy even more this nostalgic experience from the past.
Battle Kart 64 - Expanding the Battle Mode in Mario Kart 64
27 December 2020 8:02PM EST - Update by triclon
For far too long, the Battle Mode in Mario Kart 64 has been limited to one elimination game mode where each player has 3 balloons, 4 courses, and only playing against human players. Battle Mode had so much untapped potential, just waiting to be unlocked.
Battle Kart 64 is an exciting new hack by Triclon that greatly expands and adds all sorts of new goodies to Battle Mode in Mario Kart 64, breathing new life into this 20+ year old multiplayer experience.
New Game Modes!
- An expanded traditional battle mode.
- “Hot Potato” featuring a timer on whoever was hit last and counts down to zero. Whoever is the “hot potato” when the timer reaches zero loses 1 HP.
- “Squish” where you need to hit, lightning shrink, and then run over the shrunken player to score.
New Scoring Modes!
- Stock scoring where you can now set set the number of hit points, instead of just having 3 balloons.
- Timed matches where whoever has the least amount of hits when the timer reaches zero wins. Ties go to sudden death.
- Team matches of 2 vs. 2 or 2 vs. 1 with both point and time scoring.
All the race courses now will load in Battle Mode!
- All 16 race courses can now be played in Battle Mode.
- Great for Koopa Troopa Beach or Kalamari Desert.
- You can turn items on and off like in Super Smash Bros.
- Hate stars? Just turn them off.
CPU bots in Battle Mode!
- Now you can play battle mode by yourself.
- A lot of work has gone into making bots that will actually track you down and aim their items at you.
- Best played in Block Fort or Double Deck or on wide open race courses.
And a whole slew of other options!
- Flat courses!
- Ludicrous speed!
- And more!!
Battle Kart 64 will continue to be under active development so the future will bring even more game modes and features.
Lunar: Eternal Blue Unworked 2.0 released
22 December 2020 6:51PM EST - Update by Ms. Tea
The 2.0 version of the Lunar: Eternal Blue Unworked patch has been released!
When it was localized by Working Designs, Lunar: Eternal Blue for Sega CD had a lot of very controversial gameplay changes - from needing to use experience points to save the game, to jacking up the difficulty of most fights. This patch reverts all of that back to the Japanese version while keeping the official translation, restores the Japanese version’s uncensored graphics, and switches to a much easier-to-read font. No more all-caps dialogue!
The old 1.0 version of the patch was released on the Romhacking.net forums, but it had a few cutscenes which would desync along with slow loading times and a few bugs. The new 2.0 version fixes all of those problems while also fixing a large number of issues with the script.
Final Fantasy IV: Ultima v20k NG+ Edition
20 December 2020 7:53AM EST - Update by Ace_Aileron
Final Fantasy IV: Ultima is considered to be the apex of the FFIV rom-hacking genre and with the introduction of a New Game Plus feature, it once again has pushed the boundaries of what’s possible within the FFIV universe.
While many editions use the foundation of Final Fantasy IV “Vanilla” to bring a new experience (e.g. story, characters, randomization), Ultima provides a perfect amalgamation of everything loved about the original, as well as the components of the subsequent editions that made them unique: new dungeons, equipment and party swapping in FFIV: Advanced and a host of new abilities from the DS version. Additionally, Ultima has introduced players to things never thought possible for this game: enhanced items and equipment, magically-infused weapons, a host of new “super bosses”, and the pinnacle of the game; a boss rush where players get to challenge all the bosses they’ve previously conquered with a host of new surprises.
Each new release of FFIV: Ultima has brought a host of new content that makes every playthrough its own unique experience. While some releases had been originally flagged as the “final version” because there was simply no way to add additional content, the development team continues to shock the RHDN community by pushing the envelope, which speaks to the tenacity of those behind the curtains. With version 12, players once again found themselves experiencing new dungeons, items, and bosses but nothing would prepare the community for what would come next…a “New Game Plus” (NG+) mode – a feature that has been sought after since the game’s original release.
Not content with just bringing players a NG+ mode, the development team took things a step further and increased both the level and stats cap for characters which opens during the NG+. A player who took the time to grind all their characters to level 99 would not find themselves limited in their secondary playthrough but could strengthen their party to new heights never experienced or thought possible. This allows players to not only have a brand new experience but helps provide a more leisurely approach to even the game’s most challenging content.
On behalf of the Final Fantasy IV: Ultima development team, thank you for your continued support as the game surpasses 20,000 downloads and here’s to 20,000 more!