(1271 to 1280) of 1854 Results
Hoshi Wo Sagasite English Translation
24 November 2009 9:40AM EST - Update by kingofcrusher
I’ve just finished up inserting the English translation for Hoshi Wo Sagasite, AKA Searching the Stars, AKA The Story of Mio. It’s a short, fun little digital comic for the Sega Master System with a nice soundtrack that uses the FM Sound capability of the Japanese SMS. As with all digital comics there are a couple spots where it’s slightly ambiguous what to do next, but overall it’s a pretty easy game compared to others in the genre and makes for a good way to kill a couple hours if you’re bored.
Filler did all the translation work and I did all the hacking. I hope people enjoy the game!
M.I.J.E.T. Breaks Radio Silence with a New Translation
20 November 2009 9:39AM EST - Update by Pennywise
There is now a new translation patch for the Sharp X68000 game Mugen Senshi Valis II. On top of that, M.I.J.E.T. is very close to finishing his Phantasy Star 2 text adventures for the Sega CD. You can also expect an updated Langrisser II release as well.
RHDN Meet and Greet IRC Event!
12 November 2009 9:07AM EST - Update by Nightcrawler
Come meet, greet, and get to know your RHDN site and IRC channel staff members during this inaugural IRC community event! Our staff wants to get to know you on a more personal level and elevate the community aspect of the site to new levels! Make new friends, ask questions, talk about the future of RHDN! It’ll be a fun time had by all! Read on for details!
The event will run on two days with the following expected staff participants. We look forward to seeing you there!
Thursday, December 3rd 16:00 - 18:00 EST:
- Gideon Zhi
Sunday December 6th 13:00 - 15:00 EST:
- Gil Galad
Fire Emblem Gaiden - Full English Translation
12 November 2009 11:49AM EST - Update by Artemis251
For those fans of the Fire Emblem series, a fully translated patch for Fire Emblem Gaiden, the second game in the series, has recently been finished. While there have been attempts at it, no translation has been completed until now. So check it out!
Thanks also must be extended to Ms. Shimizu Hitomi who provided most of the script’s translation.
Jajamaru Gekimaden Translated!
08 November 2009 11:32AM EST - Update by Pennywise
A complete translation patch for Jajamaru Gekimaden is available for your pleasure. This game is quite a good Zelda-ish action-RPG.
Brandish 2 English translation out now!
07 November 2009 5:08AM EST - Update by synchronicity
Out now! One of the last untranslated SNES RPGs, but certainly not the least.
- Original exploration experience – Wander through over 40 different areas in this 2D game that combines first person mechanics with an overhead viewpoint. The series trademark camera system combined with the AutoMap function makes even friendly towns and harbors exciting places to explore.
- You’re nothing special – Your wits are the only thing that separate you from the corpses of failed mercenaries scattered about. Survivability is not dependent on your level or strength, but on your adaptability to see through constantly changing traps and enemies. Treasure and terror go hand in hand.
- Brandish with care – Flexible dual-wielding system combined with a magic slot adds another layer to real-time combat strategy. Switch between ultimate offense or ultimate defense on the fly.
- Natural character growth – Your statistics increase with every blow you deal and each casting of a spell. Because you get better at what you do by doing what you do, there is zero grinding involved.
- NEW! Super Eurobeat Megaparty Launch Trailer (with 300% more explosions)
- Download it now on our RHDN project page
Holy Umbrella - Dondera's Wild!!
03 November 2009 6:13AM EST - Update by Gideon Zhi
Aeon Genesis has released a complete patchf for Holy Umbrella - Dondera’s Wild!! It’s a silly action/rpg platformer game! The main character gets transported to an alternate world when he picks up an umbrella, and he has to save it to get home. The game is full of all sorts of cliche plot elements and jokes. It’s a total camp overload, but it’s a still a lot of fun. Script’s been fully translated by the intrepid Hexafire, and has been edited by yours truly. So enjoy!
New Nebelwurfer HQ project & Move
25 October 2009 5:35AM EST - Update by Nebelwurfer HQ
Due to the Geocities shutdown, Nebelwurfer HQ is moving to a new location. http://www.knology.net/~mackdraper/index.htm
Also Nebelwurfer HQ has started a new translation project. This is Dreamcast Advanced Daisenryaku 2001, playable on NULL DC Emulator on a fast PC. There are some screenshots on my site showing some of the progress, but don’t look for a patch before next year.
bsnes v0.053 released
18 October 2009 6:47PM EST - Update by creaothceann
Copy and Paste:
This release greatly polishes the user interface, adds a new cheat code search utility, adds the snesfilter library, and adds Qt-based GUI support to both snesfilter and snesreader. snesfilter gains 2xSaI, Super 2xSaI and Super Eagle support, plus full configuration for both the NTSC and scanline filters; and snesreader gains support support for multi-file ROM archives (eg GoodMerge sets.)
Statically linking Qt to bsnes, snesfilter and snesreader would be too prohibitive size-wise (~10MB or so.) I have to link dynamically so that all three can share the same Qt runtime, which gets all of bsnes and its modules to ~1MB (including the debugger build); and Qt itself to about ~2.5MB.
However, there is some bad news. There’s a serious bug in MinGW 4.4+, where it is not generating profile-guided input files (*.gcno files.) There is also a serious bug in Qt 4.5.2/Windows when using dynamic linking: the library is hanging indefinitely, forcing me to manually terminate the process upon exit. This prevents the creation of profile-guided output files (*.gcda files.) It would be tough enough to work around one, but facing both of these issues at once is too much.
I’m afraid I have no choice but to disable profile-guided optimizations until these issues can be addressed. I did not know about these bugs until trying to build the official v053 release, so it’s too late to revert to an all-in-one binary now. And I’m simply not willing to stop releasing new builds because of bugs in third-party software. As soon as I can work around this, I’ll post a new optimized binary. In the mean time, despite the fact that this release is actually more optimized, please understand that the Windows binary will run approximately ~10% slower than previous releases. I recommend keeping v052 for now if you need the performance. Linux and OS X users are unaffected.
- save RAM is initialized to 0xff again to work around Ken Griffey Jr Baseball issue
- libco adds assembly-optimized targets for Win64 and PPC-ELF [the latter courtesy of Kernigh]
- libco/x86 and libco/amd64 use pre-assembled blocks now, obviates need for custom compilation flags
- added a new cheat code search utility to the tools menu
- separated filters from main bsnes binary to libsnesfilter / snesfilter.dll
- added 2xSaI, Super 2xSaI and Super Eagle filters [kode54]
- added full configuration settings for NTSC and scanline filters (12+ new options)
- further optimized HQ2x filter [blargg]
- added Vsync support to the Mac OS X OpenGL driver
- added folder creation button to custom file load dialog
- fixed a few oddities with loading of “game folders” (see older news for an explanation on what this is)
- updated to blargg’s file_extractor v1.0.0
- added full support for multi-file archives (eg GoodMerge sets)
- split multi-cart loading again (BS-X, Sufami Turbo, etc) as required for multi-file support
- cleaned up handling of file placement detection for save files (.srm, .cht, etc)
- file load dialog now remembers your previous folder path across runs even without a custom games folder assigned
- windows now save their exact positioning and size across runs, they no longer forcibly center
- menus now have radio button and check box icons where appropriate
- debugger’s hex editor now has a working scrollbar widget
- added resize splitter to settings and tools windows
- worked around Qt style sheet bug where subclassed widgets were not properly applying style properties
Brandish 2 English translation nears completion
16 October 2009 9:36AM EST - Update by PLiberty
“THE DAY WILL SOON COME WHEN EVERYONE WILL BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE FINEST GAME EVER MADE.” (Synchronicity)
In English. Available November 2009 by Synchronicity Productions.