(1261 to 1270) of 1852 Results
New Utilities Added to the Database
04 December 2009 8:46AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Utilities have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Snara (Patching)(Multiple)
- FFX Tool (Game Specific)(PS2)
- ZLADE (Level Editors)(GB)
- Platinum (Level Editors)(NA)
- blfind (Searching)(GBA)
- Ted (Script Extraction / Insertion)(NA)
- SJIS Dump (Script Extraction / Insertion)(NA)
- TiledGGD (Graphics Viewers)(NA)
- Cartographer (Script Extraction / Insertion)(NA)
- CLine (Graphics Viewers)(Multiple)
Zelda: Link's Awakening Restoration
01 December 2009 7:54PM EST - Update by Artemis251
This was a quick little project but is somewhat notable for big Zelda fans: A patch was recently finished restoring Zelda: Link’s Awakening (and its DX version) that put the content originally cut by Nintendo’s localization team back into the game. It restores three main parts of the game:
- Changes the Necklace back into the Mermaid’s swimsuit top (and changes the dialogue to a closer translation of the Japanese version)
- Changes the Hippo sprites in Animal Village
- Fixes the ‘Tale Key’ typo
As an extra bonus, a cave taken out of the game received a normal entrance: check around Kanalet Castle and see what’s inside!
Moon Princess Legend
01 December 2009 7:08AM EST - Update by snark
Surprise! Its the Moon Princess Legend! A left-hook translation of Kaguya Hime Densetsu (A Bamboo Cutter’s Tale)(1988) for Famicom NES has just come out of the woodwork! You are a young woodsman armed with only a whip, a candle, and the words of a mysterious angel. A Moon Princess has landed upon Earth, and hides inside a glowing bamboo stalk within an enchanted forest. You must seek the hand of the Moon Princess who can only be saved by magical orb that is guarded by a fierce dragon. Saunter through silly side-quests and goofy misadventures with your turtle sidekick Nonchi! This is a text and graphics adventure with minor side-scrolling arcade sequences. Several surprise endings and three difficulty levels!
Suikogaiden Translation Project - Rolling Along Steadily!
29 November 2009 11:49AM EST - Update by rin_uzuki
The Suikogaiden Translation Project website has been up and running for over a year, and I’m happy to say we have been and are making good progress. Our goal is to translate Suikogaiden 1 and create an English patch for the game, eventually moving on to Suikogaiden 2.
Currently, the rough translation of one “chapter” is complete; Suikogaiden 1 is divided up into four chapters. The other chapters are still in progress–at a rough estimate, we’re probably 35% or 40% done with the initial translation. Patching work has also begun, though the technical field not being my area of expertise I couldn’t say exactly how far along we are. Perhaps 20%, looking at the most recent estimate.
Someone recently mentioned getting the word out about the Suikogaiden Translation Project here at RomHacking.net, so I thought I’d give it a go. We’re always open for suggestions regarding the translation–corrections or suggestions can be posted in the forums or e-mailed to me at RinUzuki@gmail.com . Fans and cheering support are always welcome, too. :3
Thanks for your time. We’ll keep working hard!
New Translations Added to the Database
25 November 2009 8:47AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- SOS: The Final Escape (Spanish)(Complete)(PS2)
- The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening DX (Dutch)(Complete)(GB)
- Network Adventure Bugsite (English)(In Progress)(GB)
- Holy Umbrella - Dondera’s Wild!! (English)(Complete)(SNES)
- Brandish 2: The Planet Buster (English)(Complete)(SNES)
- Monster World IV (Russian)(Complete)(GEN)
- Jajamaru no Gekimadden (English)(Complete)(NES)
- Fire Emblem Gaiden (English)(Complete)(NES)
- Valis II - The Fantasm Soldier (English)(Complete)(X68K)
- Hoshi Wo Sagashite: The Story of Mio (English)(Complete)(SMS)
Super Mario RPG Revolution Version 1.1a
24 November 2009 9:42AM EST - Update by Waddler-D
After a few years of working and tweaking away, this hack is now ready for everyone to experience. Play through an revamped and remixed version of the original, keeping its memorable core aspects while fixing other aspects and balancing out the gameplay.
- Characters get go past Level 50.
- All bosses and enemies’ battle scripts changed
- Character stats changed around
- Spells changed
- All Enemy stats changed
- Dialogue changes (Mostly in-battle)
- New enemies and enemy name changes
- Well-balanced difficulty curve
- Timing for Weapons, defense and spells changed
- A few new attacks and spells
- Some new items and equipments
Enjoy the ROM hack!
SBWin (SMD BIN WIN) 3.0.0b1 Released
20 November 2009 9:39AM EST - Update by vectorman
After a long time, SBWin (formerly SMD BIN WIN) has a new release.
Version 3.0.0b1 (Beta 1) is a complete overhaul of the entire program, with lots of bug fixes and new features.
- Redesigned user interface, with modern Windows styles support
- Better error handling
- File conversion stability improved
Brand New Features:
- File compression
- File type identification
- New conversion core (more stable)
- Mixed conversion (convert mixed file types all at once)
- Software updater
- Much more
Get it on the RHDN download page: click here
DQ Translations Site Launch and Release
20 November 2009 9:40AM EST - Update by DaMarsMan
The DQ Translations team has launched its new community based site. The site is devoted to romhacking and translations, specifically Dragon Quest style games.
In addition, the latest patch of their Dragon Quest 3 translation project has been released and it includes many bug fixes. This version should be the final version.
Hoshi Wo Sagasite English Translation
24 November 2009 9:40AM EST - Update by kingofcrusher
I’ve just finished up inserting the English translation for Hoshi Wo Sagasite, AKA Searching the Stars, AKA The Story of Mio. It’s a short, fun little digital comic for the Sega Master System with a nice soundtrack that uses the FM Sound capability of the Japanese SMS. As with all digital comics there are a couple spots where it’s slightly ambiguous what to do next, but overall it’s a pretty easy game compared to others in the genre and makes for a good way to kill a couple hours if you’re bored.
Filler did all the translation work and I did all the hacking. I hope people enjoy the game!
M.I.J.E.T. Breaks Radio Silence with a New Translation
20 November 2009 9:39AM EST - Update by Pennywise
There is now a new translation patch for the Sharp X68000 game Mugen Senshi Valis II. On top of that, M.I.J.E.T. is very close to finishing his Phantasy Star 2 text adventures for the Sega CD. You can also expect an updated Langrisser II release as well.