(41 to 50) of 2077 Results
Updated Hacks Added to the Database
02 December 2020 10:28AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks updates have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Legend of Zelda Challenge Outlands- Zed Edition (The Legend of Zelda)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros 3 Graphic Improvement (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Description Disruption (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Return of the Dark Sorcerer (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Elvira’s Monster Party (Monster Party)(NES)
- EightBound (EarthBound)(SNES)
- Ultima: Exodus Remastered (Ultima: Exodus)(NES)
- Megaman 1 - The New Lands (Mega Man)(NES)
- The Legend of Zelda - Perils of Darkness (The Legend of Zelda)(NES)
- Bowser Vs. Wario (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Luigi and the Christmas Quest (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. - Yoshi’s Quest (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- ReCast FF3: War of the Magitek (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Super Mario All Stars NES (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- SOR2 - Final Fight Crossover 2019-2020 (Streets of Rage 2)(GEN)
- SOR2 - FF Xover 2019-2020 - Special “Air Juggle” Edition (Streets of Rage 2)(GEN)
- Castlevania Labyrinth (The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle)(NES)
- F-Zero Parallel Dimension (F-Zero)(SNES)
- Cleopatra Pizza Delivery (Super Mario Bros. 2)(NES)
- Pokemon Water Blue (Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- Pokemon Fire Red Rival Variation (Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- Pokemon Fire Red Legends (Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- Pokémon: Ruby - Festa 2002 Demo Recreation (Pokémon: Ruby Version)(GBA)
- Blaster Master (Wastelands) (Blaster Master)(NES)
- Star Fox Exploration Showcase (Star Fox)(SNES)
- Blaster Master (Savanna) (Blaster Master)(NES)
- Phantasy Star II - Retranslation & Improvements (Phantasy Star II)(GEN)
- Blaster Master (Quadrant) (Blaster Master)(NES)
- Pokemon Factory Adventure (Pokémon: Red Version)(GB)
- Mega Man Wily’s Conquest 2 - Hyper Edition Turbo! (Mega Man 2)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. Desert Land (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- 42 Balloons: The Balloon Fight Collection (Balloon Fight)(NES)
- Pokemon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged (Pokémon: Crystal Version)(GB)
- Final Fantasy II: A Threat from Within, Part 1 (Final Fantasy II)(SNES)
- Final Fantasy IV - Ultima (Final Fantasy II)(SNES)
- New Super Mario World (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Castlevania - Prince of Darkness (Castlevania)(NES)
- Castlevania III - Carmilla’s Edition (Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse)(NES)
- Super Mario Unlimited - Deluxe (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Mario Kart: Super Circuit Demake (Super Mario Kart)(SNES)
- Super Mario Bros. CO OP Christmas Edition (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Rockman 7 EP (Mega Man 7)(SNES)
- Clock Tower Deluxe (Clock Tower)(SNES)
- Contra: Hard Corps - INVASION v3.3 (Contra: Hard Corps)(GEN)
- SMAS Improvement Hack (Super Mario All-Stars)(SNES)
- Porco Rosso (1943 NES Hack) (1943: The Battle of Midway)(NES)
- Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Super Mochtroid (Metroid)(NES)
- Final Fight - Arcade Remix (Final Fight)(SNES)
- Project ZM (Metroid: Zero Mission)(GBA)
- Rally-X NES Edition (BB Car)(NES)
- Final Fight One - Redux Edition (Final Fight One)(GBA)
- Menu Upgrades (Dragon Warrior II)(NES)
- Final Fantasy Tactics - War of the Lions Tweak (Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions)(PSP)
- Super BOOio Bros. (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Dragon Quest: Delocalized (Dragon Warrior)(NES)
- Pac-Man - NES Improvement (Pac-Man)(NES)
- Arcana - Seal of Rimsala (Arcana)(SNES)
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Project (Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3)(SNES)
- Kinnikuman: Dreammatch (M.U.S.C.L.E.)(NES)
- Final Fight One - Arcade Remix (Final Fight One)(GBA)
- The Legend of Zelda - Relocalized (The Legend of Zelda)(NES)
- Sonic Improvement Vol.2 (Somari the Adventurer)(NES)
- Seiken Densetsu 3 / Trials of Mana - Better Starting Stat (Seiken Densetsu 3)(SNES)
- SMB3 Fixed Outlines (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Ayrton Senna Name Patch (ft. Jean Alesi) (Super F1 Circus 2)(SNES)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 - Speedrunner’s Edition (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- neoFFL2 v5.300 (Final Fantasy Legend II)(GB)
- Mega Man 2 - QoL Fixes (Mega Man 2)(NES)
- Minor Tweak Pack (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance)(GBA)
- Zelda 2 Redux (Zelda II: The Adventure of Link)(NES)
- Dragon Quest III: Delocalized (Dragon Warrior III)(NES)
- Heathcliff (Tiny Toon Adventures)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros - Among Us Edition (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Dr. Garfield (Dr. Mario)(NES)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Return to New York (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)(NES)
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Quality hack (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)(PSX)
- Espers Giveth, Espers Taketh (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Final Fantasy VI - Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Dragon Quest II: Delocalized (Dragon Warrior II)(NES)
- Willow No Flash Hack (Willow)(NES)
- Harvest Moon - Intuitive Ranch Master (Harvest Moon)(SNES)
- Panel de Pon Options Menu Restoration (Tetris Attack)(SNES)
- Dr. Garfield (GB/GBC) (Dr. Mario)(GB)
- Doom 64 Brightness + Features Menu (Doom 64)(N64)
- Ocarina of Time Redux (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)(N64)
- Majora’s Mask Redux (The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask)(N64)
- Seiken Densetsu 3 / Trials of Mana - Black Rabite (Seiken Densetsu 3)(SNES)
- Seiken Densetsu 3 / Trials of Mana - Item Shop Change (Seiken Densetsu 3)(SNES)
- GoldenEye Unlock Everything (GoldenEye 007)(N64)
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team EX (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team)(GBA)
- Star Fox - Scored Edition (Star Fox)(SNES)
Updated Translations Added to the Database
02 December 2020 10:28AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Translations updates have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Shatterhand (Fully Playable)(NES)
- Super Mario World (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (Addendum)(MSX)
- Final Fantasy VII (Fully Playable)(PSX)
- SD Gundam Gaiden: Knight Gundam Monogatari (Fully Playable)(NES)
- Valhollian (Fully Playable)(SAT)
- Wizardry I-II-III: Story of Llylgamyn (Addendum)(SNES)
- Jajamaru Ninpou Chou (Fully Playable)(NES)
- Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom (Fully Playable)(NES)
- Yo! Noid (Fully Playable)(NES)
- Star Cruiser (Fully Playable)(GEN)
- Nayuta no Kiseki (Addendum)(PSP)
- Hataraku Chocobo (Fully Playable)(WS)
- Secret of Mana (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Another Story (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- YaruDora: Double Cast (Fully Playable)(PSP)
- EarthBound (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- EarthBound (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Drill Dozer (Fully Playable)(GBA)
- Suikoden (Addendum)(PSX)
- Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S (Fully Playable)(GG)
- Final Fantasy III (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Chrono Trigger (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Tetris Battle Gaiden (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Solstice: The Quest for the Staff of Demnos (Fully Playable)(NES)
- Mario Kart 64 (Fully Playable)(N64)
- Star Ocean: Blue Sphere (Fully Playable)(GB)
Super Mario Unlimited updated with new Deluxe version
27 November 2020 10:22AM EST - Update by frantik
Inspired by the likes of DahrkDaiz, ATA and other great rom hackers of the mid-2000s, Frantik started work on Super Mario Unlimited with the hopes of creating his own asm-heavy Mario masterpiece. It took close to 7 years, but eventually the game was released to the world in late 2011. Overall the hack was well received and was even featured in a video by James Rolfe of AVGN fame. Despite the popularity, it was a little rough around the edges, most notably with some questionable choices near the end and a little too much of that infamous “Nintendo Hard”.
In 2017 Frantik decided to go back and start adding a bit more polish, and Super Mario Unlimited - Deluxe was born. Everything good about the original has been made better, and everything bad has been removed, or at least cleaned up. This is the original vision Frantik had when he started 15 years ago!
Super Mario Unlimited Deluxe is a traditional-style Mario hack with difficulty ramping up from beginner to expert. It is based on the Super Mario Bros engine, but has been completely reworked into a whole new adventure.
Changes from the original game include:
- 41 Original Levels!
- Unlimited Lives!
- New Power-up! The stopwatch lets Mario freeze his enemies
- New Mechanics! Mario can super jump off enemies by holding A
- New Collectable! Find all 32 Mario coins to unlock secrets
- New Graphics and Music! A familiar mix of new and old
New features and changes in this DELUXE version:
- Save your progress with three save game slots
- All new Bowser fight with new music
- A “secret message” at the end of each world
- Attempt counter aka lives counter
- Mario coin count is displayed on screen
- Indicator displayed for when a Mario coin has been picked up
- Hidden power up blocks are now partially visible
- Different end game text depending on how you play the game
- Bowser’s castle expanded with a second route
- World 6-5 expanded
- Bonus hidden level added
- “Speed runner mode” - Can you beat your personal record?
- Second Quest / “Hard Mode”
- Many more tweaks, bug fixes and edits!
A strategy guide with detailed information on all cheats and secrets, as well as cover art for use with NES Classic are also included in the archive.
The Sega Saturn Port of Vandal Hearts Translated Into English
24 November 2020 8:42AM EST - Update by Pennywise
Another Sega Saturn translation is presented for everyone’s enjoyment thanks to the work of paul_met and Pennywise with the help of some talented translators in TheMajinZenki, CrawdKenny, aishsha and filler.
However this is not a new translation of the game. Rather the original PS1 script has been ported over and various sections of the script have been reviewed by the above translators. The script then underwent edits to bring it closer back to the source text.
The Saturn version of the game has additional maps, musical compositions, items and spells. In addition, some graphical effects have been improved over the PS1 version.
Now Sega Saturn fans can play an improved translation of the game in English.
Star Fox Exploration Showcase Update
20 November 2020 1:41PM EST - Update by kandowontu
Star Fox Exploration Showcase has had some updates recently, but none as big as this!
- Fixed 1-4 Meteor (Spider) Boss lockup
- Fixed ending sequence lockup
- Changed Shipnum counter to Shape name
- Readded Titania to the BOSS BGM test. Sorry Prof Hangar, you’re always having problems!
- Out of this Dimension planet icon is always on the screen (requested)
- Out of this Dimension now leads to black hole when complete, no more bad ending! (requested)
- Bombs in god mode can now be throw consecutively, and they each go off by themselves (requested)
- Added 14 new weapons including the God Gun #99 which oneshot kills everything and some objects as well.
- Added single and dual shots for the new weapons, toggle with (Hold R+Press SELECT)
- Added ship name to on-screen display
- Added key shortcut to turn off on-screen display (Hold B+Press X)
- Readded HUD elements
- Added “God Nukes” - only while in god mode, (Hold R+press A) use to kill everything on screen (requested)
- Added Quick Ending to levels, press start during fanfare to skip to the end of it. (requested)
If you haven’t tried this hack out yet, what are you waiting for?
Celebrate Super Mario World 30th anniversary with Super Luigi World!
20 November 2020 12:55PM EST - Update by Sephy
Celebrate Super Mario World 30th anniversary with Super Luigi World! Luigi steals the spotlight in this iconic platformer for the SNES. Play the original levels with the same classic gameplay, but this time you’re playing as Luigi!
- Luigi’s sprite from Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World
- Luigi is now Player 1 and Mario is Player 2
- All text now refers to Luigi, including:
- A modified title screen logo
- Savefile names
- Message boxes
- Boss clear texts
- The ending text after beating the game
The inspiration for Super Luigi World came from playing the second half of Super Mario Galaxy in the 3D All-Stars Collection. This spawned the idea of creating a Luigi-version of Super Mario World dedicated to Luigi-fans!
It always felt off that the ending said “Mario’s adventure is over.” even if you beat the game as Luigi.
Super Luigi World restores the balance as you can now play as Luigi in a 1 Player Game or force your younger siblings to play as Luigi’s red brother in 2 Player Game mode!
What started as a seemingly easy beginner project quickly began to take more time than expected. It was a fun way to start getting into romhacking but most of all it granted a new appreciation for the effort this community puts into these projects!
Please enjoy, Super Luigi World!
Lord Monarch [MD] English translation released!
19 November 2020 8:16AM EST - Update by celcion
This time around the authors came up with a project started ages ago by many groups, but never finished. Lord Oddeye and TheMajinZenki started working on it 4-5 years ago, but only now did it come to fruition, thanks to cybermind (a new member of the group).
The game is an RTS by Nihon Falcom. It had plenty of different ports, but generally it could be said that the Mega Drive/Genesis version is the best, due to its great, funny campaign, and all the additional scenarios it offers to the players. In the main campaign the players will control Prince Al, who wants to be acknowledged by his father as a great ruler. On his quest, he’s going to meet many interesting characters and will engage in many battles against the forces of evil, but with some twists. Overall, the group considers this game to be very fun, and hopes the players will too!
Once again, thanks to TheMajinZenki for his peerless translation work/translating the manual, Lord Oddeye for the invaluable help with the proofreading/testing the game multiple times and cybermind, as thanks to the hacking prowess of the new member this project was possible. Enjoy, see you next time!
Before the EDF, there was the TDF: PSX mecha action game Remote Control Dandy translated
18 November 2020 6:16AM EST - Update by Supper
An English translation of the PlayStation mecha action game Remote Control Dandy, the first by Earth Defense Force developer Sandlot (in all but name), has been released!
In 1999, twelve-year-old Mamoru Oza, heir to the largest fortune in the world, received two gifts from his father. The first: A simple handheld remote controller…which operated the fifty-meter-tall combat robot “Vordan”. The second: Ownership of the newly-established Torino Defense Force Co., Ltd, a company formed to combat the “Enigmabots” – mysterious giant robots rampaging through the world’s major cities. Remote in hand, Mamoru now finds himself the sole hope of survival for the people of Torino City.
Can a boy, his robot, and a single remote solve the riddle of the Enigmabots and save the world…without going bankrupt first?
Remote Control Dandy is a 1999 mecha action game by Human Entertainment for the Sony PlayStation. In a major departure from most mecha games, it hearkens back to giant robot shows of the ’50s and ’60s such as Tetsujin 28-gou, in which the robots, rather than containing a human pilot, are controlled from afar via remote. The game adopts this as its core mechanic: not only does the player have to contend with remotely navigating their robot in the manner of an RC car, but also personally run after it to keep it in sight, all while not getting stepped on by enemy robots.
Though the game was nominally developed and published by Human Entertainment (known for the Clock Tower and Fire Pro Wrestling series), Human went bankrupt a few months after its release, with almost all of the game’s key staff members subsequently founding the game studio Sandlot and going on to develop the successful Earth Defense Force series. Thus, Remote Control Dandy is essentially the first Sandlot game; it bears all the hallmarks of their unique brand of outsize destruction, and it’s received the occasional nod or oblique reference in their later games. Particularly, the 2002 game Robot Alchemic Drive is essentially a spiritual sequel to this one – and Sandlot would even go on to make an actual Tetsujin 28-gou game!
This patch fully translates the game into English. Aside from the text, subtitles have been added to scenes which were originally voice-only, and all in-level textures such as billboards are also translated (the ones that were legible, anyway). Video of the translation in action can be viewed here.
The patch was the work of TheMajinZenki (translation), Supper (hacking), cccmar (editing and testing), and Xanathis (testing). Due to having worked on a large number of projects together, and in an attempt to resolve a frequent source of confusion, this team has decided to adopt the name “LIPEMCO! Translations” for their collaborative projects. They hope the partnership will continue to be a fruitful one.
Those interested in this game may also want to check out the fan translation of Sandlot’s Nintendo DS title Chou Soujuu Mecha MG, released last year by Phantom, Supper, and cccmar; the games share many conceptual similarities.
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity Fan Translations [PSP] [Released]
14 November 2020 11:34AM EST - Update by JamRules
Following over half a decade in the making, the English localization patch for Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity has now been released.
For those who aren’t familiar, the Phantasy Star Portable series of games, released on the PlayStation Portable, are ARPGs that have MMO traits but also a focus on single player content.
Infinity is an upgraded version of Phantasy Star Portable 2 which was never localized to the west, unfortunate for fans of the series, since it’s undoubtedly one of the best entries in the Phantasy Star Online/Universe/Portable lineup.
- Full Localization - The game is fully localized to English, this means any and all text that can be found in the game is translated.
- Extensive UI hacking - Numerous parts of the interface had to be adjusted in order to fit the English text.
- Image editing to English - Custom images have been made for material that was in Japanese, such as title cards, tutorial images, icons, etc.
- Movie subtitling - Cutscenes have been re-encoded with hardsubs.
- Customized solutions - The Infinity Mission feature uses a naming system based on a place and a name in Japanese, this would not fit in English and so naming has been reworked. There is also a quiz type mission which included questions that were impossible to solve without guessing for an English-speaking audience, those have been reworked to be solvable.
A huge thank you to all who supported the project over the years, hope everyone enjoys it!
Please check out the relevant link or RHDN project page for more information.
Pokemon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged - Now released!
10 November 2020 11:07AM EST - Update by Camerupt
This romhack is a complete re-imagining of the 1997 demo of Pokemon Gold and Silver. Explore the Nihon region with an entirely new story and cast of beta Pokemon entirely done up in the style of Crystal’s GBC graphics. Based on lvl3’s original Gold 97 hack, the game has been entirely re-balanced and remastered as well! Go on a grand adventure catching Pokemon and taking down Team Rocket nationwide in this alternate sequel to the original Red and Blue!
Reforged comes in two versions, Gold and Silver, featuring differing sprites and encounter tables just like the real game. All Pokemon are still catchable in each version!
Check out the RELEVANT LINK below to see our two-game trailer alongside Pokemon Factory Adventure!