(1721 to 1730) of 1866 Results
Like weird SNES RPGs? It's your lucky day!
06 June 2006 11:14AM EST - Update by KingMike
Today I present a finished translation patch. It’s for an SNES RPG called Magna Braban. It’s fun, it’s weird, it’s pretty easy to beat, but it’s unique. Give it a try.
(yeah, suppose I could’ve worked on a more “demonic” game to release on 6/6/06 (and uploaded at (I hope) 06:06 universal time), but we all know patches for old games are evil in themselves :D but it was close enough to finished, I said why not release something today?)
Grab it here on RHDN.
vSNES version 2.9 has been released!
02 June 2006 9:52AM EST - Update by creaothceann
- new tools: Movie Editor (SMV, ZMV), CHT Editor
- new fields in the Cartridge window due to new SNES documentation at romhacking.net
- GUI: added checkbox for keeping the MemViewer memory source after loading a cart
- GUI: added Ctrl+? shortcuts for accessing the buttons
- SRC: added code for rendering 256-color BGs in DirectColor mode
- SRC: fixed sprite tile wrapping, incorporates DMV27’s sprite visibility info
- SRC: fixed sprite rendering (ypos. was off by one pixel)
- SRC: added better support for SNESGT savestates (still not perfect though)
- SRC: using a new, stream-based library for handling compressed files
- SRC: fixed screen rendering to output 5 bits per color channel, not 8
- SRC: added padding bytes to records ($align seems to have no effect)
- SRC: fixed some ListEditor issues
- SRC: IPS patching (hopefully) fixed
Megaman Zero German Translation
28 May 2006 1:31PM EST - Update by xdaniel
After months of working on it on and off, a testing phase with very few testers and some other problems, my German translation of Capcom’s Megaman Zero for the GBA was released yesterday.
The patch is 100% complete, the ROM was expanded from 8MB to 12MB to fit the German script and the menus were slightly hacked for the, sometimes longer, German menu text to fit.
More information about the translation and the game here.
vSNES v2.86 beta13
26 May 2006 8:31AM EST - Update by creaothceann
A new beta version of vSNES 2.86 has been released. Changes:
- added better support for SNESGT savestates
- added checkbox for keeping the MemViewer’s memory source after loading a cart
A document describing the SNESGT savestate file blocks has also been submitted.
Staff note - Get it here.
Update5/28/2006 6:53AM EST: Per the vsnes thread on the zsnes board, the archive has been updated. Not sure what exactly was updated as I don’t see a changelog, but I’m sure it does something better than the last one.
New Submitted Documents Added to the Database
24 May 2006 11:08AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Documents have been submitted and approved to the database since the last report (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- EDICT Format Onomatopoeia List (Miscellaneous)
- Cinepak for Sega - Breakdown (File Formats)
- Description of the Sega FILM/CPK File Format (File Formats)
- S-DD1 algorithm documentation (Source Code)
- Stunt Race FX Hacking Notes (Game Specific)
- N64 survival guide (Hardware Info.)
- Notes - Dragon Warrior III (Hardware Info.)
- Compression - Phantasy Star Gaiden (Source Code)
- Compression - River City Ransom Zero (Source Code)
- Compression - Sylvan Tale (Source Code)
- Compression - Shining Force Gaiden (Source Code)
- Compression - Phantasy Star (Source Code)
- Compression - Shining Force (Source Code)
- Compression - Cyber Knight 2 (Source Code)
- Compression - DTE Packer (Assembly)
- Text Demo - Source Code (Assembly)
- Megaman 3 - 5 Level Formats (Game Specific)
- Capcom “6C80″ Sound Engine/Music Format Documentation (Miscellaneous)
'Metroid:Wart's Invasion' Released
21 May 2006 7:41PM EST - Update by AlexAR
Wart is Back! The evil king has escaped from Super Mario’s unconscious and invaded the Mushroom Kingdom. Wart has also kidnapped Mario and rendered the kingdom defenseless. Princess Peach has sent for Samus in a last-chance hope that she may be able to defeat Wart and save the land. As Samus, you must traverse the many obstacles and dangers that Wart has set up through out the 5 areas as well as collect Mario’s super powers to help you on your journey.
Metroid: Wart’s Invasion is a Metroid(NES) hack. All graphics and palettes have been changed into SMB(1,2,3) style. The entire map layout was created from scratch, every room is original and rarely repeat within the game.
Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes Demo 2 Released
20 May 2006 9:36AM EST - Update by ZeaLitY
The Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes project is releasing its second demo! Three chapters of the game are now playable (versus the simple prologue of the last game), featuring new areas, scenes, events, characters and story as the rich world of Crimson Echoes unfolds. Nearly every era is accessible, and a host of other surprises await. I’m really reluctant to reveal much more, as you must experience it for yourself! At a minimum, the demo will last 30-40 minutes at maximum, if you talk to all the NPCs and immerse yourself in the world of the game, it can last up to 3 hours or more. This is truly a new Chrono Trigger adventure if you’d like to follow the team on another mission through time, jack in and download the patch! The instructions for playing are in the Readme. The demo is the relevant link on this news post. Also, please give us feedback here.
Staff note:Pursuant to ROMHacking dot net’s policy of only including completed hacks in our database, we will not be hosting this hack here at this current time. This news was just too good to pass up, so up on the front page it goes.
Snowboard Champion & Digimon
20 May 2006 9:34AM EST - Update by xdaniel
While not exactly two of the “most wanted games” or something similar and while I’m actually German, I’ve released English translation patches for Snowboard Champion for the GBC and Digimon Adventure 02 - D-1 Tamers for the WonderSwan Color.
Snowboard Champion is a little sports game where you compete is several Snowboarding contests. The translation itself is, let’s say, 50% complete: All the menus are translated, while there is next-to-nothing done on the occasional chatter dialogue between your character and the opponent said text just comes out as gibberish. If I ever complete this translation, a German patch will be done as well.
Digimon Adventure 02 - D-1 Tamers is yet another entry in the list of Digimon-based RPGs on the WonderSwan. On the status of the translation, I quote myself from my website: “Really incomplete and I have to admit that I don’t think I will ever finish this one. You should be able to play through the game without Japanese knownledge but you wont get the story, most dialogue text and other information. On the other hand, menus, items, attacks, several shops and similar stuff is translated.” This pretty much summarizes what you get when applying the patch…
Last but not least, also in the making is a German translation of Megaman Zero for the GBA. As Capcom never bothered to translate the Zero games into German - or, to my knownledge, many games at all for that matter -, I tried my hand on the first one in the series. The completed result should be released in the next few weeks, after going through its (final) testing phase.
16 May 2006 6:36PM EST - Update by KingMike
Pescatore is an unreleased Famicom game sorta in the vien of Columns. Check it out if you like puzzles. This is a small patch as all that needed translation was the rules explanation demo.
KitsuneSniper says this GAME crashes alot because it’s unfinished. DON’T blame the patch!
Sin and Punishment translation v1.1
15 May 2006 8:21PM EST - Update by HaguMe
A few weeks ago Vanit from Vanit Studios released the 1.1 version of the Sin and Punishment translation to english.
As the author comments:
In this minor second release I have changed the following:
- Updated the tutorial in the readme
- Added the dlls people were emailing me about saying it asked for them - see the tutorial below [in the *.rar file] for more info.
- Turns out I left 3 lines untranslated in the Training tutorial and I have put them in this time round. Thanks to everyone who emailed me about it.
I hope you people enjoy of this “bundled” new v1.1 release.
Staff note: You can get it here as well.