(1611 to 1620) of 1866 Results
Dragoon X Omega II - Easy Type
14 March 2007 10:40AM EST - Update by Sliver X
Dragoon X Omega II was designed to emulate Dragon Warrior as much as possible. This, obviously, entailed a high degree of difficulty, with a major stressing on level grinding to complete the game.
While some enjoy the old-school RPG experience, many do not. Therefore, an “Easy Type” version of the game was made, which flows much more like Final Fantasy.
Level grinding is kept to a minimum, enemies are much less deadly, things cost less, and more.
If you couldn’t get into v1.26, then this may be for you.
AGTP Turns 8, Sees New Web Design And Kunio Patch
07 March 2007 7:39PM EST - Update by Gideon Zhi
Aeon Genesis is eight years old today, and to celebrate…
- A new web design has been launched! It’s entirely PHP-powered and is much, much easier to keep updated than the old one was. Not to mention, it’s really cool-looking!
- A translation of Shodai Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun has been released! It plays most similarly to River City Ransom, although there are a number of important differences to be noted. Be sure to read the included mini-manual!
I’m not sure if I want to wish it eight more years, but let us all at least toast to continued success and prosperity. Happy Anniversary!
Staff - You can grab the patch here or at AGTP HQ.
Pulseman English Translation
02 March 2007 1:33AM EST - Update by MIJET
Another quality Mega Drive game, now in English.
More information about this fine game is available on the M.I.J.E.T. webpage, as well as a link to a nice fan site with additional background material.
Staff - Holy swizzle sticks! They’ve done it again! You can grab the patch at MIJET’s site or from RHDN here.
SMD BIN WIN 1.1 Released
28 February 2007 9:05AM EST - Update by vectorman
VectorMan has just released an important update to SMD BIN WIN. The previous version, SMD BIN WIN 1.0, was not converting files properly. In fact, it was NOT outputting files of the correct size. Version 1.1 seems to fix all of the problems of the previous version and adds an extreme speed increase.
Please do not use SMD BIN WIN 1.0 any longer, as it is not producing correct output files. I apologize for releasing SMD BIN WIN 1.0 with such a serious bug.
New Submitted Translations Added to the Database
22 February 2007 6:24PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Final Fantasy II (Swedish)(Complete)
- Landstalker (Italian)(Complete)
- Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers (Swedish)(Complete)
- Kirby’s Adventure (Swedish)(Incomplete)
- Zelda II (Swedish)(Complete)
- Chibi Maruko-Chan: Harikiri 365-Nichi no Maki (Swedish)(Incomplete)
- Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest (Swedish)(Complete)
- Kid Icarus (Swedish)(Complete)
- Metal Gear (Swedish)(Complete)
- Mega Man 2 (Swedish)(Complete)
- North and South (Swedish)(Complete)
- Kabuki Quantum Fighter (Swedish)(Complete)
- Ninja Gaiden (Swedish)(Complete)
- Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (Swedish)(Complete)
- Little Nemo The Dream Master (Swedish)(Complete)
- Rush’n Attack (Swedish)(Complete)
- Vagrant Story (Italian)(Complete)
- Gadget Trial (English)(Complete)
Two Minor Utility Updates from KingMike
24 February 2007 7:52AM EST - Update by KingMike
I released a couple small DOS-based utils.
Data Move: useful for moving large blocks of data around in the ROM, without doing a copy & paste dance in hex editors. Might also have some use if you wanted to rip part of a file to its own little file, for some reason.
Nflate: Very basic NES ROM expander. Currently expands NES ROMs by adding extra space before the last 16KB of PRG-ROM (typical expansion). Also recognizes two special cases: Nintendo MMC1 (aka “mapper #1″) expansion to over 256KB, and Namcot 106 (aka “mapper #19″). Undoubtably there’s probably more special cases. Also expands CHR-ROM if desired. Seems safe enough to just throw zeros at the end.
Final Fantasy ++ 1.5v Released
14 February 2007 10:47AM EST - Update by SafariBans
Grond has released what he hopes to be the final version of his Final Fantasy ++ hack. Here’s a list of what’s new in version 1.50, which you can get here:
- Dropped the icons from the front of weapons’ and magic spells’ names, in favor of longer names.
- Renamed most spells so that they more closely follow the “-ra -ga -ja” naming convention.
- Changed the Soft spell entirely, plus one or two other minor changes to spells.
- Gave different graphics to many weapons, and altered the properties of a couple.
- Weakened and cheapened Potions to 50 HP for 50 gil.
- Tweaked the Earth Cave music slightly.
- Made very minor changes to some NPC’s dialogues.
- Renamed some things that were otherwise unchanged.
- Recolored a couple of things.
- Some other changes of relatively little consequence.
Sylvanian Families - The Fairyland Pendant v1.1 released!
13 February 2007 12:00PM EST - Update by Ryusui
Some nasty bugs managed to slip into the original 1.0 release. This fixes everything Shadowsithe found, as well as a script jump that hadn’t been properly aligned.
Staff - You can get the updated patch here.
New Submitted Hacks Added to the Database
12 February 2007 9:51AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Citadel Unleashed (Improvement)
- Blaster Master: Pimp your Ride (Improvement)
- The Ultimate Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle (Complete)
- Challenging Lolo (Complete)
- Challenging Lolo 2 (Complete)
- Metroid II - Return of Samus (Improvement)
- Super Mario Bash (Complete)
- Recca - Pure (Improvement)
- Zippy Race - Sega SG-1000 to MSX conversion (Complete)
- Legend of Zelda: Curse From The Outskirts (Complete)
- Castlevania - Legends: Speed Hack (Improvement)
- Belmont’s Revenge: Speed Hack (Improvement)
- Super Wario Bros. 3 (Complete)
Chrono Trigger Redux
07 February 2007 10:30AM EST - Update by DarknessSavior
Hiya everyone, DarknessSavior here. I have officially released a very preliminary patch for my Chrono Trigger project, titled “Chrono Trigger Redux” (a name that will probably wind up changing in the future).
Basically, what this patch does is change many of the item/tech names and descriptions so that they will be as close to the original Japanese version as possible.
In terms of descriptions, most of those are ad libbed on my part, because the Japanese version doesn’t have many, and the ones they do have, I can’t read. But, I tried to make them relate to the item or technique in question as much as possible.
You can find a copy of the patch here.