(1151 to 1160) of 1853 Results
Soul Hackers spreads its (bat) wings
24 December 2010 8:46AM EST - Update by Gemini
The Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers project is back on track, this time with a few not-so-broken pictures (and a video teaser here).
What has been done so far:
- All story dialogs have been translated as well as most of the system strings;
- Partially translated battle dialog;
- Coded a new 8 BPP VWF overlay that supports all of the font modes used in game (the old one caused so many glitches I was forced to kill it entirely).
As usual many thanks to Tom for providing all the translated text. Hope you like it!
Mirai Shinwa Jarvas Finished + Other Stuff
24 December 2010 2:42AM EST - Update by Pennywise
Work on Mirai Shinwa Jarvas is completed. I would advise to not play it at all. I have other more important matters to discuss. My next patch (Dragon Ball: Dai Maou Fukkatsu) will be released in a couple months at the latest, but there is one tiny detail that is holding it back. There are various small graphics that need english designs. I’m hoping someone talented and clever in graphic design will come to our aid.
Ancient Magic Translation Release
19 December 2010 1:45AM EST - Update by Gideon Zhi
Aeon Genesis has released a complete translation for the SNES RPG “Ancient Magic”. A godawful amount of work went into this, probably more than was worth it, but it’s a fun little game in its own right. It has some minor plot malleability in some events, and the plot twists towards the end will totally throw you for a loop.
Everything’s done and working, barring one (to our knowledge) tiny cosmetic bug. Enjoy!
This is just the first of hopefully three releases coming this holiday season from AGTP.
Just in time for this holiday season!
14 December 2010 2:14AM EST - Update by Darkdata
It is getting quite chilly in some parts of the world! The holiday season is just under foot, and what better way to celebrate than with a Christmas/winter themed hack!
Toadette’s Christmas Adventure is a short easy hack based on Super Mario Bros ready for your enjoyment!
Tired of graphics ripped from other games? Tired of the same standard Mario enemies showing up again and again? Well, no worries! Everything* is drawn from scratch to help bring new life into the environment!
With music from the Mother series, it is a present play from start to finish! Enjoy the excuse plot of your brother being captured! Stomp Sporin, kick Harballs, and stop Fungrowth!
Romhacking is not only about the game, it is about fun. This hack should bring a smile and a laugh. So enjoy, and Happy Holidays to all!
New Utilities Added to the Database
04 December 2010 7:20PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Utilities have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- YAPE - Yet Another Pokémon Editor (Game Specific)(GBA)
- Cyips (Patching)(NA)
- Regen (Debuggers / Special Emulators)(Multiple)
- TSDC - The Sega Data Compressor (Miscellaneous)(GEN)
- Sonic Molester (Graphics Editors)(Multiple)
- The Adventures of Lolo 3 : Level Editor (Level Editors)(NES)
- JMA Archive Unpacker Addon for WinRAR (Miscellaneous)(SNES)
- Golden Egg (Level Editors)(SNES)
- Cowabunga (Level Editors)(NES)
- Super Mario 64 DS Editor (Level Editors)(NDS)
GRANDIA REDUX - Disc 1 (2.0)
01 December 2010 6:21PM EST - Update by Dunal
What is Grandia ReDux?
Grandia ReDux is a mod which vastly improves Grandia’s gameplay by refining certain gameplay elements within the game. Here is a list of things that the mod changes in the game:
1. Difficulty level
- Enemies have all been made stronger so that combat is more satisfying or challenging, especially in the main story.
- The abusive recovery option has been removed from a majority of savepoints. However, enemies will now drop more recovery items to make sure it’s not too easy to run out of resources.
2. Skills and magic
- All skills and magic have been re-balanced in a number of ways.
- Certain skills and magic have had their damage or healing effects increased or reduced.
- SP and MP costs for most skills and magic have been greatly increased, or in other cases, decreased.
- Buffs and Debuffs now have an improved role within the game and also now scale with magic level.
- IP cancelling have been changed for a majority of skills and magic. For example, lower level magic such as Burn or Howl have an increased chance to cancel attacks than higher level magic, making them much more useful at later stages of the game.
- IP knockback has been changed for a majority of skills and magic. Most AoE skills and magic now cause no IP knockback.
- Weapon or magic EXP gained from certain skills and magic have been changed. For example, single target abilities now provide more EXP, while AoE abilities a bit less (or a lot in some cases).
- The radius or target mechanics of some skills and magic have been changed.
- Requirements for spells and skills have been changed.
- NEW spells and skills.
- Certain items have been re-balanced.
- Prices of certain items have been increased or decreased.
- Some items now have different or new properties.
- Certain shops now sell different items or additional ones.
- NEW items!
- Translation fixes.
4. Character statistics
- All eight characters or party members have had their statistics re-balanced.
- All characters start off with much higher MP than before. Due to the fact that spells now cost a lot more MP than before, this change was needed. This change will allow you to use magic more freely at the start of the game as a result.
- Characters now learn different spells.
*DISC TWO IS CURRENTLY IN DEVELOPMENT!*
Future versions (current schedule)
- Disc 1 - 2.1 (Minor update)
- Disc 2 - 1.0 (Release)
- Disc 2 - 2.0 (Feedback)
- Disc 2 - Re-Translation (For with or without ReDux)
- Disc 1 - Re-Translation (For with or without ReDux)
Lady Sword English Patch 1.0 Released!
29 November 2010 7:11PM EST - Update by filler
A dungeon crawler from 1992 created by Hacker International, maker of unlicensed games for the Famicom/NES and PCE, Lady Sword now has an English language patch!
Unfettered by pesky contracts with console manufacturers, Hacker International games tend to include content not normally found in console releases. This makes Lady Sword a unique and somewhat bizarre piece of dungeon crawler history. I highly recommend that everyone check out the developer diary, an Easter egg discovered within the script, in the read me for some insight into the production of this game.
This game is for the PCE and the translation patch is packaged with an optional infinite health/full strength patch. Many thanks to Esperknight, Tomaitheous, Grant Laughlin, Eien ni Hen, Paul Acevedo, Gabriel Jones, Enigmaopoeia and all those who worked on the game past and present! Enjoy!
Kirby's Adventure NES Ufo Fix
26 November 2010 6:11PM EST - Update by Dizzy9
Did you ever want to keep the UFO power after completing a level?
Ever wanted to confront DeDeDe, Paint Roller or Cracko with the UFO power?
Now you can!
This patch will let you keep the UFO power after completing a level.
Let’s replay Kirby for NES with UFO!
DC AD 2001 0.95 Patch Released!
23 November 2010 11:20PM EST - Update by Nebelwurfer HQ
Dreamcast Advanced Daisenryaku 2001 - v0.95 Patch November 23, 2010
By Nebelwurfer HQ
This patch translates all the remaining Scenarios from the Campaign and Scenario Modes. All 112 Game Scenarios are now translated.
The game is playable as it is, but there are a few minor annoyances that could be tweaked. I may address these at some point in 2011, but I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for any further patches if I were you. There are too many other games out there that need translating like Standard Daisenryaku: Lost Victory on the PS2.
- There are several Japanese error messages that are displayed when you attempt to select a command that is disabled, etc.
- The Faction names and Scenario names are still in Japanese. I know where the text is stored, but when I change it the game no longer loads. This is probably the only change that would justify a new patch if I can ever figure it out.
- Translate the Help Topics used in Scenario Editor Mode.
- Translate the Advice that your Staff gives you while playing a scenario.
Those who are interested in a quick summary of what this game is all about can view the following link, which includes a lot of game screenshots as well as the game rules. At the very end is a collection of weapons that I have found useful in the early game period.
Dynamic Designs announces Princess Minerva
20 November 2010 1:15AM EST - Update by KingMike
Dynamic-Designs has officially revealed a new project, Princess Minerva for the Super Famicom.
Seems Bongo` was looking into the code last year some unsuccessful attempts to hack Albert Odyssey 1 and 2 for SFC. So he started looking at PM’s code, thinking it would be easier. It wasn’t, but in the end he cracked the code on all three games.
If you’re a dedicated translator and want to help D-D give Minerva the same quality translations as their other works, you should contact them.