(21 to 26) of 26 Results
17 May 2015 2:49PM
Translation Help - GEN
I need help from a fluent Japanese - English trasnlator to help me to achieve the trasnlation of the Hybrid Front, a Megadrive wargame by Sega.
It’s one of the numerous strategy wargames that went out in Japan at this era, but didn’t receive a localization.
Its specificities are :
- a sci-fi based plot, rather than Fantasy or WW2 that were more prominent at the time
- a high level realization by the standard of the era (nice illustrations, an OST still praised)
So far, I played the game up to the first assault, dumped every single text I found, coded Python scripts to reinsert translated text, coded several hacks to change on-the-fly graphics loaded when a menu appear, and python scripts to generate those graphics from a png file.
Doing that, I identified some pointers tables, so that my script dump contains most, if not all, the game.
What remains to do from the hacking side is :
- to identify other menu during the game (which should not cause a lot of problems since I identified the menu drawing routines)
- to implement a VWF for the small texts (as you can see in the screenshots, yu’re limited to very few characters, which would be really painfull in English). I already coded VWF routines for various games (check the translation of Psy-O-Blade for example), so I don’t think it’ll be a problem. Notice that script texts (big font in captures) is not limited in such a way (in fact it’s not limited at all since the text scrolls)
Here are some links :
- two threads from the board when I was working on the hacks (big thanks to Seihen, mz and Midna) : here and there
- a patch showing altered text (the texts are not really translated, just edited with nonsensical stuff for testing purpose) (the fonts are also temporary) (screenshots below) : here
- a video containing gameplay of the first minutes of the game : youtube
- a scan of the japanese manual : from segaretro
- all the texts I’ve dumped so far, along with some menu layouts (graphics files ; the colors are wrong but it’s on purpose) : here
Screenshots of the current patch :
If you’re interested in this project, please contact me via the RHDN board or by mail.
Website: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLasNcmcwM0 Posted By: tryphon
Mario's Nightmare Quest
04 May 2015 8:56PM
Technical Help - SNES
I’m currently working on a rather… technically complex Super Mario World mod. Unfortunately, while I have help in terms of beta testing and programming, I still need some for the following:
1. Creating custom graphics, for things not found in existing video games or sprite sheets. These include custom tilesets and objects for Zelda style levels and enemy graphics for characters from recent games like Luigi’s Mansion 2 and Mario & Luigi Dream Team.
2. Music porting, since we know nothing about porting music from MIDIs or by ear.
So if you’re either a good pixel artist or a good music porter, contact us in the topic on the forums or at SMW Central, we’d much appreciate it!
Website: http://www.romhacking.net/foru...m/index.php/topic,17888.0.html Posted By: CM30
Mario Gaiden (Groundbreaking SMB1 Hack)
16 January 2015 9:40PM
Technical Help - NES
Now that the major system changes are near complete and I’ll move on to the next stage presumably soon, I’m here to look for any DEDICATED people who can DRAW GRAPHICS for me.
This hack will be promising, check the related URL. One of the significant systems is custom background and even parallax scrolling background.
Art style required: Not really light-hearted like in SMB3.
Website: http://www.romhacking.net/foru...m/index.php/topic,17143.0.html Posted By: w7n
Square Rush (Working Title)
13 January 2015 8:57PM
Technical Help - NES
It is a side scrolling game where you controll a little square and avoid obstacles. So far, it has got a menu, proper (but improveable) collision detection, RLE level format, a screen editor and level composer (which are not completely done, but i will have them done shortly). I also intend to include a random level generator for never ending fun, but this will be at the very end when everything else is done from coding side :)
I want to reach out to any artist and musician (as I am neither of both, see my brilliant ingame artwork :D). i am lacking a title screen, catchy music (SE are not important/going to be included as i dont think its neccessary) and levels, so if anyone is interested to collaborate and hand in something to include, i would really appreciate it. Ideas and improvements are welcome too, just pm me over at nesdev (you can also find me on this board).
Check out the thread on nesdev for pictures and a video
Website: http://forums.nesdev.com/...opic.php?f=22&t=12242 Posted By: SNgamer
06 January 2015 8:19AM
Translation Help - WII
This is an Action RPG similar to monster hunter, but with a girl as the main hero.
The game is actually really easy to hex edit, the issue stands now is getting assistance on the script. I’ve had a few offers, but nothing concrete. I’d greatly appreciate assistance.
What’s done. All four script files dumped. maybe 40-60% poorly translated Graphics are dripped and extracted, some have been done. I’ve had a few issues where putting them back into the game causing white screens, so we’re looking into that.
That’s really it, the game is pretty straight forward, just hex editing and/or script dump+input back into it, and graphics updated.
Dragon Quest 6
04 December 2014 5:10PM
Technical Help - SNES
I have made a Previous Ad about some things that I already had found out in the game via using SNES 9X Debug and Dejinn Tile Mapper,
This time it is about Code Modification on 2 locations used in the 2 BPP GB Format 8×8 Proportional Font are that I want to get some help on which includes 2 things,
1, Changing the Numeric Data location in the Battle Text used by the Code “BB” and have the allocation be changed from 02-0B to offset 30-39 which is the Standard ASCII Numeric location which I have Reworked in the Game,
And 2, Removing the 16 Character(90-9F) and re-implement the code into both a 1 Character Auto Line Function(as used in Dragon Quest 3r DQ Translations Game) and change the Code to block 7F,
Not sure if many understand this, and as much many want to see this SNES DQ Game Completed, but these are the 2 things I need help on, since I have already Located the Code Base of the “Double Line” Header, but having trouble finding the Numeric location of the Table for code “BB”.