(11 to 20) of 36 Results
03 November 2013 8:45PM
Technical Help - WII
I’m looking for some assistance on the technical side when doing this translation, when dealing with WII games.
I believe these are the major files to look at.
etcmessage.ffx, ffxfile.pac, gamemessage00.ffx, sysmessage.ffx.
I have some of the script done, just by playing the game and identifying what everything means with a native japanese speaker.
PM me on here, I think this would be a great game, as the WII has stopped being made… so seeing this released is just a dream.
Posted By: wyndcrosser
Dragon Force II
25 October 2013 7:55PM
Beta Testing - SAT
The Dragon Force II translation project lives! After a year in dormancy, we’ve received a huge shot in the arm with more translators and a programmer who’s putting the finishing touches on a text insertion tool that’ll throw us into hyperdrive.
To round out the team, we need playtesters to run through successive patches and identify where text display glitches occur. This will be an immense help as our programmer puts the final touches on the text insertion tool.
Step forward, brave one, and become a hero to Dragon Force fans who’ve always wanted the sequel in English (and they are legion!). Sign up at this Verve Fanworks thread and we’ll be with you with more details shortly.
Website: http://www.verve-fanworks.com/SMF/ Posted By: FaustWolf
24 October 2013 10:10PM
Translation Help - GEN
I need help for translating the game Psy-O-Blade on Genesis.
It’s a text adventure game, Sci-Fi oriented. I remember having read an article about it at the time (more than 20 years ago…) saying something like : ‘totally unplayable if you’re not japanese ; seems not so bad though’ and, I don’t know why, I never totally forgot it.
So when I decided to give an eye to Genesis hacking, I thought this game would be a good target to begin with.
So far, I did those :
- I dumped most of the script ; I can’t be sure to have it all, because there’s few pointers in the game : almost everything is hardcoded (more technically, in the code you’ll find instructions like “lea $xxxx, a0″ where $xxxx is the address of the dialog) so I had to parse the entire code to find lines likely to point towards strings. It has two drawbacks :
- I may have missed some ; I don’t think there’s much left (the script is already quite big) and if it occurs, I don’t think it’ll be too difficult to find the forgotten texts
- I have some lines that are not text, most of them are evident, just remove them for script
- I have successfully replaced some of these lines with mine. I use empty space at the end of the ROM (but I can use locations of japanese text too), there are 392000 bytes available
- I have deciphered graphics compression routines (before realizing it was classical Nemesis compression) and wrote both a decompressor (to get the font) and a compressor (to insert my own font).
Notes about the script file :
- Every single chunk of text is preceded by lines beginning by ‘//’ (C-style comments) to show separation, and add some useful informations for reinsertion ; they should not be touched
- there are various control codes in the text (between brackets) and they should remain as they are :
- some codes represents words. They appears between accolade. You can ignore these accolades, I will make my text inserter able to identify those words and replace them with the proper code.
- as already said, some lines have been identified as texts whereas they aren’t. If there was codes used for words inside, they appears in the script. When it happens, please delete the entire text chunk.
- there are 2 files script (for the moment), depending on the way the strings are accessed during the game. script1 seems to be main events (introduction text, game over texts) whereas script2 seems to contain local events. I can’t tell in which order those texts are supposed to happen (so I’ll suppose you’ll have to play the game a little ; I’ve been told it’s short when you know what to do).
Thanks in advance to everyone who will help :) I will make a post about technical stuff on the wiki.
PS : Sorry for the weird formatting of this page, for some reason BBCode seems to work weirdly (code tag doesn’t work, quote does not what I expected, and some carriage returns were ignored)
Website: http://www.segagagadomai....com/megadrive4/psyo.htm Posted By: tryphon
23 October 2013 11:54PM
Translation Help - DC
Hello there. I’m looking for translation help for this Treasure shooter. Most of the game’s text is in PVR files that I have already have extracted and converted to PNG. I’ve already handled the binary file’s translation.
All I will need help with is if someone can translate the text. That is all. I can take care of the technical aspects of the translation.
I’ve completed a translation of another Dreamcast game, Fire Pro Wrestling D and am working on a patch for public distribution for the GDI file itself as well as this game when completed.
I’d really appreciate any help even if it is part time help. Thanks.
Posted By: irvgotti452
Uncharted Waters New Horizons
20 October 2013 11:15PM
Technical Help - SNES
Hello guys! I’m starting a new project. The goal is to make expand this great game, Uncharted Waters New Horizons. If you don’t know this great game, you can read about it here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/04/07/uncharted-waters-new-horizons-review What I plan to do is to add new items such as ships, swords, armor, cannons, figure heads and more. I must admit I don’t have much experience with ROMhacking, but I’m very good with Pixel Art and I intend to work very hard in this project, since its my favorite SNES game. If you guys are interested, I can post some of the graphic work I’ve done. Any question, please just ask. I’m sure there are other UWNH fans around. Let’s make this happen!
PS: Sorry about the English :)
Posted By: Terenzi
Super Mario 64
19 October 2013 10:44AM
Technical Help - N64
I’m brand new to the community and I joined because I’m looking for someone who’d be interested in helping me with a long term retexture project. I’m a recent grad from MICA (an art school in Baltimore) and I first got the idea during my senior thesis when I downloaded Toad’s Tools to screw around and see if I could make something. I ran out of time to invest messing around in TT but I’m still really enticed by the idea.
Basically I’m trying to create a hand drawn video game. What I’m looking to do is have every texture, pattern, and sprite isolated and individualized so that I can make a drawing for each, which, (ideally), would be placed back within the game to create a hand drawn mod.
I have no idea how to do this.
I’m hoping it wouldn’t be too complicated but I lack the technical insight to say either way. I’m looking for someone who could rip all the images and patterns out of a rom for me so I could draw them all. After which they could be placed back in the game in the proper formats.
Is this a feasible idea? Will it be possible to convert scans or jpgs to the proper formats for the game/ROM?
Also, I’m open to drawing any game whatsoever. I just suggested Mario 64 cause of TT and sentimental value.
Here’s a link to some sketches to give an idea of some of my work (the last one is a ten foot long painting): www.louisabbenemeagley.com
I’m really invested in this idea and want to see it come to fruition. Any help or advice would mean a lot, thanks.
Posted By: Youneedabath
The Silver Case
03 October 2013 4:55PM
Translation Help - PSX
This is a visual novel/adventure game hybrid for the PS1, part of Suda 51’s Kill The Past series.
I’m an editor at heart, with a cursory knowledge of Japanese. Hacking will be doable as well, what I need is someone very patient and willing to translate a very large script.
I work with EsperKnight on hacking, and our previous projects have been Shikigami no Shiro and Umineko no Naku Koro Ni: Ougon Musou Kyoku.
So we can get this done, just a matter of time and the right flavor of help.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. Direct translations alone are more than acceptable, I will handle the editing or work with you if preferable.
Final Fantasy VI
17 September 2013 5:26PM
Technical Help - SNES
I’m looking for someone who is very familiar with compressed graphics to help me with Final Fantasy VI - Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition. What needs to be done is the final battle with Kefka in the battle tiers.
Website: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386 Posted By: Rodimus Primal
Little Princess: Marl Ōkoku no Ningyō Hime 2
27 August 2013 8:02PM
Technical Help - PSX
I’m looking to make an English patch of a PSX Game called Little Princess: Marl Ōkoku no Ningyō Hime 2, the sequel to Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure for PSX. I have translated the entire game in English and now I’m just looking for some assistance with Script Dumping and Script Insertion.
I read the “Hexadecimal” and the “Tables and Text Editing” sections in the Getting Started page of the forum, and after doing some practicing with the formulas I think I’ve got the concept down. But I’m a little lost what to do from here… I am extremely new to hacking and lack experience.
If anyone would be willing to help me make this game, I would really appreciate it! I’m really passionate about the title and I want others to be able to enjoy it as much as I do.
Final Fantasy VI - Stand Guard
25 August 2013 4:46AM
Technical Help - SNES
I’m looking for someone to do a very small amount of hex editing for my hack “Stand Guard.”
I believe the “Scan” spell still reports a weakness to “pearl.” I’d like it to read “holy.” I am capable of doing it myself, but I’m busy with other things.
If anyone’s interested in performing this simple task for me, please contact me.
Thank you for your time.